three questions for a newbie?? e-mail/ balcony/bar doors

motherchic

1) When I have sailed on Celebrity I would daily go to the computer room and write an e-mail to my family. The cost was $1 to send an e-mail and $1per e-mail to recieve. Does Princess offer this? We will be sailing on the Grand. It was a great way to keep in touch for a good price.

2) when sailing on Celebrity we had an aft balcony. The door would sometimes clothes automatically. It was helpful to bring a bungie cord, to be able to keep it open. Do I need one for an aft cabin on the

Grand?

3) If we would like to meet with fellow ROll callers, is there a bar or area that would be best? I realize we can ask for Princess to organize a meeting but we have found it was fun to also meet the first day.

Thank you for your input

Nadine

Usually if you go to the Roll Call board for your cruise you will find that the group there sets up some place to meet on board. On Princess internet access is on a per minute charge of about $.35. You can buy in different minute amts; e.g. 30 min or 100 min. You swipe your cruise card and it is billed to your stateroom if you don't buy time each time you go on the computer.

1) When I have sailed on Celebrity I would daily go to the computer room and write an e-mail to my family. The cost was $1 to send an e-mail and $1per e-mail to recieve. Does Princess offer this? We will be sailing on the Grand. It was a great way to keep in touch for a good price.

2) when sailing on Celebrity we had an aft balcony. The door would sometimes clothes automatically. It was helpful to bring a bungie cord, to be able to keep it open. Do I need one for an aft cabin on the

Grand?

3) If we would like to meet with fellow ROll callers, is there a bar or area that would be best? I realize we can ask for Princess to organize a meeting but we have found it was fun to also meet the first day.

Thank you for your input

Nadine

1. Princess raised it's prices for Internet recently. The per minute charge is now 75 cents. You can purchase packages that give you a lower per minute charge. I think they are something like.

$75 for 150 minutes

$100 for 250 minutes

2. The balcony doors on Princess are sliders so unless you leave it open in really rough seas you won't need a bungee.

3. You can usually find plenty of space for a meet an greet in Skywalkers.

We had an aft suite on the TP not long ago--I presume you're asking about balcony doors closing on their own--we could lock into position--open--partially open--whatever--didn't catch on to this in the beginning--all you did was move the handle to the same position that you would to lock the door completely closed--these doors could kill you in a rough sea--

Be careful and test your doors

Nancy:D

I understand about the internet...they charged quite allot on Celebrity... but just sending an e-mail was different. While writing the email etc... you are not on line so they didnt charge except for the sending. I was hoping Princess might do the same.

thank you for your responses

Nadine

Archived