Anchorage - Priceline & Hotwire bargains

TenerifeSharon

In case anybody is looking for a pre or post cruise hotel in Anchorage - and I presume these prices will only work for very early or very late in the cruise season, I just "won" the Extended Stay Deluxe (formerly Aspen Hotel) in Anchorage for $39 per night (Sept. 18-20) on Priceline. Also did - a couple of days earlier - the same hotel on Hotwire for $49 (Sept. 9th). ES website gives prices of about $105 per night for these dates.

Since we are leaving on Diamond Princess on Sept. 20, (Whittier - Bangkok), we're coming about 10 days early to do some travelling to the Kenai Peninsula (and maybe even Denali, if the weather plays along with us). Planning on renting an RV from the 10th to the 18th since it gives us the freedom to travel around a bit more.

Thanks for the heads up. Did you get the Extended Stay Deluxe Downtown I assume? (there is also one in midtown that is considered the South Anchorage zone on hotwire).

Note that if you go to Denali, the park pretty much shuts down in mid September so you might want to go there first before going to the Kenai Peninsula.

People will just have to see if there is availability for their dates. I checked a couple of random dates on hotwire for next summer and this rate was not available. Perhaps only for later in the season right now?

John

Hi John,

Yes, the ES Deluxe Downtown on 8th Avenue, which most people have reported is better than the one on 34th. $39 is really a great price to help a bit on what is turning out to be a VERY expensive trip. But we loved Alaska this September and can't wait to get back - even if it is very late in the season yet again. If the weather works, we will head to Denali on the 10th (with RV or rental car), since I did see that pretty much everything closes by the 15th.

Thanks for your help. I have seen lots of your Alaska postings - and others on FT as well - and may come back with some questions later.

Archived