CB 10/28/07 - 11/4/07....What Do You Want To Know

Ace51

Hi Everyone!!!

I can bore you all with a review of our recent vacation on the CB, but instead, I'll field any questions that you may have.

As an FYI, we did the following:

*Flight from ONT to FLL

*La Quinta Inn in Hollywood, Fl

*Balcony Room on the Caribe Level

*UBD

*Sabatini's

*Room Service

*Self Tour of St. Martin

*Best of Tour of St. Thomas

*No Princess Cays due to Noel

*Bert (with an "E") Stratton

*Early Embarkation

*Beverly Hills Iced Tea (a must :) )

Ask Away!!!!

The "Best of St. Thomas Tour" is available through Princess. I believe it was like $56 per person. It's a non-narrated/slightly narrated tour of the U.S. side of St. Thomas. We were whisked away on a Ford Truck/Taxi that stopped at two picture perfect Kodak Moment spots. After that we spent two hours at Magan's Bay (Heaven if I must say). We then went to Blackbeard's Castle. From there, we ride the "free" shuttle down to Downtown for shopping. Once you're done there, you grab a $4 a person taxi ride back to the ship. In our opinion, the tour was well worth the money.

Room Service was ok. Don't plan on ordering anything other than Breakfast between 6am and 12pm. They won't do it. Our Room Steward was new, and was being "corrected" by his supervisor the entire week. The best service we received was at Sabatini's!!!! Our server was Zelda. Great personality, great service!!!!!!!!

There are two choices. Walk off, or early embarkation. Walk off is where you carry your luggage between 7:15-8:15. Early embarkation is any time after that. To be truthfull, the CB does not police this well. My advice...go with "Walk Off." You sign up at the "Passenger Service Desk." They will give you colored luggage tags two nights before you depart. On our experience......the crew is eager to get you off.....they don't look at the tags.

Did you have traditional or anytime dining? We are booked for traditional (late seating) on CB in Feb. Will we be able to get to the shows after dinner? Would like to see Bert Stratton and the theater shows, and have heard seating is limited.

What dock does CB use in St. Thomas? I have heard both Crown Bay and Haversight.

Thanks!

might sound like a dumb question, but I'll ask since not too many folks are replying to my post, did you notice many teens floating around this time of year onboard? I really want to bring my kids next year this time on the CB repo cruise from NY to SJ, but don't know if they'll have any peers to hang with. Saw many little ones on our Crown repo a few weeks ago, but honestly, I think I was trying to forget about kids for the week since it was the first time in 30 years hubby and I had a week without them. LOL. Thanks for offering to field questions!

Could you please tell what the dinner theme is for the week. (captains dinner, itallian night, and so on.) It's most appreciated.

We only dined in the dining room three times. Of those, there was Caribbean Night, Mexican Night, and Oktoberfest.

Did you have traditional or anytime dining? We are booked for traditional (late seating) on CB in Feb. Will we be able to get to the shows after dinner? Would like to see Bert Stratton and the theater shows, and have heard seating is limited.

What dock does CB use in St. Thomas? I have heard both Crown Bay and Haversight.

Thanks!

We had Anytime Dining. As for the shows, since you have late seating....you will miss most of them. Most of the shows start around 8. As far as Bert, if you miss him in the theatre, he plays every night after at the Crooner's Lounge. If you get there late, don't worry, there is standing room.

We docked at Crown Bay.

We've booked a room in December - what was your experience?

Thanks

Standard hotel. Clean room. No frills here. Walking distance to many restaurants. They offer a free shuttle from the FLL Airport to the hotel. Also a free shuttle to Port Everglades. Make sure you sign up for the Port Shuttle early.

might sound like a dumb question, but I'll ask since not too many folks are replying to my post, did you notice many teens floating around this time of year onboard? I really want to bring my kids next year this time on the CB repo cruise from NY to SJ, but don't know if they'll have any peers to hang with. Saw many little ones on our Crown repo a few weeks ago, but honestly, I think I was trying to forget about kids for the week since it was the first time in 30 years hubby and I had a week without them. LOL. Thanks for offering to field questions!

Not many teens on this cruise.

We are doing the CB eastern on Jan 6th. Also staying at LaQuinta. We knew it wasn't fancy, just glad to hear it is clean, has breakfast & shuttles to both the airport & cruiseport. We don't need anything fancy & I hate to pay more than this for a room. ( ours was 110 I think & that is plenty for us since we are staying three nights prior & one night after.)

About the tours you took on St Thomas & St Maarten., we are looking for something for my folks to do who are both 80 . Want a nice air conditioned tour, nothing with walking more than a short distance, & more sight seeing. Did either of your excursions sound like they would fit the bill on this for them? The rest of our group was just going to go to the beach in St Thomas. & St Maarten.

How was the entertainment or shows in the theater? How about the cruise director.? We were on the CB back in June 06. Loved the ship, loved the balcony rooms, but didn't think too much of the shows are rarely saw the cruise director. Maybe they have changed since then. Thanks for any information you can give.

We had Anytime Dining. As for the shows, since you have late seating....you will miss most of them. Most of the shows start around 8. As far as Bert, if you miss him in the theatre, he plays every night after at the Crooner's Lounge. If you get there late, don't worry, there is standing room.

We docked at Crown Bay.

I thought there were an early show for late dinner seating? :)

JANETZ and LEESRE, you are both right....Kind of. If I remember correctly, the "main shows" are at 8ish. You do have more shows throughout the night, but the headline (i.e. Piano Man) shows are usually around 8.

We only dined in the dining room three times. Of those, there was Caribbean Night, Mexican Night, and Oktoberfest.

Oktoberfest sounds pretty gross, like something to make you really long for the days when Caribbean night was the worst menu of the week. Please say that was in the buffet and not a new menu in the main dining rooms? If the latter, that would definitely be the night for Sabatini's!

Oktoberfest sounds pretty gross, like something to make you really long for the days when Caribbean night was the worst menu of the week. Please say that was in the buffet and not a new menu in the main dining rooms? If the latter, that would definitely be the night for Sabatini's!

Yes, it was in the Buffet. :) Not as bad as you would think.

Archived