Cruise critic connections party onboard?

lovelyladi

Is Celebrity hosting cruise critic connections parties onboard the Journey?

We are on the Dec 11 SA cruise

Rochelle

Hi Rochelle !

Not at this time, sorry. You might wish to check your Roll Call, to see if there are any get-togethers on your sailing. Here is the link to your sailing :

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=544835

Enjoy your Cruise !

I am pleased to say that we had a wonderful get-together in Aqualina, hosted by Azamara, at 10:30 on the Monday morning of our first week. We met just about all of the senior staff, including Captain Carl. They are all extremely approachable, and most interested in our feedback.

Cabo

I shuld have mentioned that this was on the just completed (yesterday) repositioning cruise (Cape Liberty to Miami). They require a listing of Cabin numbers (and names) so that invitations can be sent to your cabin. One of you will need to assemble the information and furnish to CD Becky, or Guest Relations upon boarding.

I am pleased to say that we had a wonderful get-together in Aqualina, hosted by Azamara, at 10:30 on the Monday morning of our first week. We met just about all of the senior staff, including Captain Carl. They are all extremely approachable, and most interested in our feedback.

Cabo

Hi Cabo !

Sorry, but that is only partially correct. When I said that Azamara does not do it, I was referring to pre-registering here on the boards like you can do with Celebrity. You cannot do this for either Azamara ship at this time.

While we have heard reports of Journey accomodating meet and mingles, someone from your group has to request it once you are onboard, and it is usually accomodated.

When I was on Quest 2 weeks ago, when I requested a meet and mingle, I was initially refused. It only happened after a few requests, and even then, I had to make most all of the arrangements on my own, and nobody from the ship bothered to show up. All they did was furnish a room, and even that got fouled up. Bottom line ? They are more accomodating about this on Journey, than on Quest.

What you have, is a mixed bag of things, and you cannot pre-register from this website for either ship. Let's hope they make it more "official" in the near future. I am sure most of us would love to see it happen !

Quite right Andy. It's like that old commercial....."Wait, you're both right!!"

Nevertheless, it was a most enjoyable get-together, so Quest should take Journey's lead on this, and then maybe Az can get their whole act together....it's a win, win situation in my view.

Cabo

On the Oct. 6 cruise, we had a lovely reception in the library/Michael's club which was well attended by senior staff. Someone from our roll call had contacted the Captain's Club hostess who arranged it. Azamara provided mimosas and hors d'ouvres; I think it was held at 11 am.

We didn't have enough people for an official Meet and Mingle and appreciated the gesture and the interest of the staff.

:) I had set up a Roll Call for Dec 23 Az Journey from Buenos Aires:

> http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=554724&page=2

I'm keeping a list of CC'ers who want to join in for a Meet 'n Mingle -

Azamara Journey - Dec 23 Sailing leaving Buenos Aires (South America voyage)

Simply send an email to Walter Behnke at wbehnke@wwb.ca

I'll add your names to the list and we'll present it to the Cruise Director, to request a nice, hosted meeting when on-board.

Cheers, WWB :cool:

I'm new to CC; sailing on Journey, 11/29. How do I find any other cruisers booked for it; it would be nice to meet on board, or maybe even book excursions.

Click on this link to reach the roll call for your 11/29 sailing: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=470316 I see you've actually already posted there.

Karen

HostKaren@CruiseCritic.com

Archived