Port Canaveral Check-In-Earliest Time?

wildaboutmickey

We have a rental car that is for 24 hours and we need to return it to Budget at Port Canaveral by 11:30 AM to avoid any addtional fees. I know the paperwork says earliest check-in is at 1:30 PM, are we able to check-in any earlier than 1:30 PM-like maybe noon? If not, anthing right at port to hang out, and is there a place to put our luggage?

Thanks,

Michelle

We always get there at 11AM, the parking garage (Glory) doesn't open till then to give previous cruisers a chance to exit. Always on board by noon, but they probably won't let you into the cabin till 1-1:30. Sometimes they'll let you in long enough to drop your carry-ons. Canaveral is a great facility, but there's nothing within walking distance of the two Carnival terminals.

Most ships you can board as soon as they are cleared of departing pax. As soon as the porter will take your luggage they will, that way normally your luggage will be first at your room.

The security people will not allow you to board until the ship tells them to. We usually get to the boarding area by 10:30 and are on board by 11:30.

We drove to Port Canaveral last February to cruise the Glory. We arrived at the terminal at 10:30 a.m. The porters took our luggage, we parked, and they started processing us in at 11:00 a.m. We were on board, eating lunch at 11:45 a.m. That is the fastest we have ever processed in at any port. Travelgirl

You will be fine to get there after dropping off the car at Budget at 11:30. My DH and I took the Sensation cruise on Nov 4th and did the same thing. We dropped off our rental right after checking out of our hotel at 11am. We made a quick stop at Walgreens before we went so I want to say we got to Budget around 11:30. It was fast and we took their free shuttle to the port. There will be porters right there where the shuttle drops you off to take your luggage. There were tons of people at the port when we got there but we were on the ship before 12:30. The lines move super fast!!

Have a wonderful cruise. We sure did!!:)

Archived