Coffee on the Jewel of the Seas???

EchoSix

My wife and I are big coffee conoisseurs. Well, I should actually say... We HATE bad coffee! :mad:

At Disney World and even on the Disney Magic, the coffee freakin' sucks. We had to go buy our own coffee at one of the specialty shops, rather than getting it from the stations they had available.

So, my question is...

How's the coffee on the Jewel? We're going mid February, of 2008 and were curious about where to go for a better java.

My wife and I are big coffee conoisseurs. Well, I should actually say... We HATE bad coffee! :mad:

At Disney World and even on the Disney Magic, the coffee freakin' sucks. We had to go buy our own coffee at one of the specialty shops, rather than getting it from the sations they had available.

So, my question is...

How's the coffee on the Jewel? We're going mid February, of 2008 and were curious about where to go for a better java.

I found the coffee to be fine in the dinning room and windjammer but if you and your wife are coffee conoisseours you would be best doing the specialty coffee at Cafe Latte-tudes it's Seatles Best and very good coffee it does cost can't remember how much.

Christine

The coffee at Caffe Lattetudes is reasonably priced, and you get to choose a complimentary pastry with each coffee you purchase. Ask for a punch card on your first day, and after 5 coffees (or was it 6?), you'll get a free one. Enjoy!

Well this all really good news guys. I mean, not that their typical coffee is tragic, but that we'll know what to expect when we get there.

I think it's important to be able to sidestep around life's little obstacles like this. :D

Too bad taxes can't be taken this lightly.

Although none of the coffee, in my opinion, is really very good the absolute worst is the coffee they delivered via room service. I had a hard time drinking it most mornings. The dining room and windjammer coffees were okay and drinkable but the best was from Cafe' Latte'tudes, as stated from other cruisers, but at a price. (Which I'm willing to pay occassionally, but not every time I want a cup, and they're not open 24/7.)

If you can't stomach it add a shot (or two) of Bailey's Irish Cream, it does wonders. ;)

Why can't they just make the same coffee, for the whole ship?

It makes sense to have only one kind of coffee maker and one kind of coffee to bring on board. Right?

Why have the syrup/crap in one place, with one kind of maker and the good stuff with different devices to brew it in, in other areas?

Thanks for the advice!

Why can't they just make the same coffee, for the whole ship?

It makes sense to have only one kind of coffee maker and one kind of coffee to bring on board. Right?

Why have the syrup/crap in one place, with one kind of maker and the good stuff with different devices to brew it in, in other areas?

Thanks for the advice!

I believe that is the $6 Million dollar question.... :confused: Thank goodness it's not the coffee that makes or breaks the cruise for me. :eek:

I don't believe you can EVER get 20 people to agree on what "good" coffee is so trying to make some that all will like is almost impossible. I thought the coffee on Jewel (dining room and Windjammer) was better than on most ships. I did notice them using ground coffee in the Windjammer - not syrup.

Archived