Quick review of Paradise Beach/Cozumel

lyttleone1977

We sailed the Carnival Liberty, 10/27-11/4. We were in Cozumel 10/29.

In Cozumel the ship docked at the Punta Longusta pier downtown. We went to Paradise Beach. The cab cost 13 each way, the wrist bands were 9 bucks person for use of the water trampoline, glacier, kayaks, snorkel gear, etc , and the food cost around 10 bucks. We spent around 90 bucks total, but still saved 60-160 compared to the ships tour for the 4 of us. The nachos and drinks were very good there, and definitely a good value. We went back to town around 1 pm, where we went to Margaritaville for some shopping (prices were very high, higher then Grand Cayman last year), then I dragged my family down to Diamonds International and Tanzanite International for my free goodies (picked up the coupons at the Shore Talk with Moira). Word of warning – Cozumel is horrible for people bugging you to shop in their stores. I was prepared last year for Jamaica, but not for this. It was 10 times worse then Jamaica!! It drove my fiancée crazy, who insisted we walk back on the other side of the street on the way back to the ship.

Out of all of the ports we went to on this trip, Cozumel is probably the only one we will go back to. Would live to check out the dolphins some time!

Archived