I Need To Bring An Iron

nickylu818

That's what I recall from the Magica Judy, one right next to each other at the vanity.

I wonder though - when you cruised the med - did they by chance have the US plug covered since your departure port was European? cd was on a transatlantic so maybe they covered the US one?

I don't see how it would matter where you were cruising as I imagine there are probably both European and American passengers and their respective appliances on all cruises. The ship's electrical system was built to accommodate both, and yes, both plugs are side by side on the vanity. We even used both at one time, one with a converter, one without. I just wish they had more outlets! Next time I'll be prepared.

a power strip is also sometimes called a surge protector which is why people use them for their computer hardware - it protects not only the machine but also the circuit.

I think you will find many many many cruisers traveling with a powerstrip/surge protector and not a single cabin steward has ever said anything to us about it. Nor have I ever seen it on the "prohibited" list from a cruise line

CeleBrat:

Usually you don't bring a powerstrip with 25 outlets, not to mention 25 electronic devices... that may blow a circuit.

The powerstrips or splitters are just to get more use out of one outlet for SMALL electronic devices, such as camera, camcorder, phone, PDA, laptop or whatever else you bring along. All of those devices are running on low-voltage, low amp adapters, meaning that those devices do not draw a lot of amps/current.

Equipment such as an iron, a space heater or something similar would draw a lot of amps and would ultimately overload the circuit... just thing about an RV circuit or your cigarette lighter in your car...

In your car you can plug in an adapter (power strip) and plug in your phone, your radar detector, your GPS, etc. without blowing a fuse. But if you would put an iron on it, 100% you'd blow the fuse! (Though you should not iron your clothes while driving anyway!) :eek:

Archived