Carnival Spirit

cigloo

We were on the Spirit in February of 2005 and loved it. Spirit Class ships are beautiful - we had an extended balcony and spent alot of time just sitting there relaxing. If you like sushi (although this isn't "real" sushi) they serve it at about 5 pm every evening. It was a great cruise - planning on taking her again in October of 08.

We were on the Spirit last July and she was in very good shape..The ship is very easy to navigate and I did not fell like I was crowded..I couldnt find anything wrong or disappointing about her..:)..Our cabin was awesome as was the service we recieved..For your fist Carnival cruise you picked an awesome ship..:)..ENJOY!!

Kelly

I am also booked on Spirit in Feb 08. First time on Spirit, though we did a 7 day cruise in Dec 06 on her sister Pride. They are close in age as far as ships go, and the deck layouts are the same. Only real difference will be decorative.

The best way to describe Pride is: Feels bigger and airy-er than it really is. Lots of perceived "space". Great deck plans and event planning keep people spread out and sorted by interest groups. Sounds funny, but its true.

For instance... the aft Lido pool... its was "adult only" on the Pride. Yes, there were times when there were kids in it, but not solo kids. Parents were nearby. It was normally relatively quiet back there. Live music is played poolside at the other pools. It was a great place to sit and chat with friends.

hope this helps some. Might see you on the Spirit!

NeptuneGoddess - Thank you so much for sharing the photos of the ship and ports. Our family is sailing on the Spirit Feb 10, 2008. We;ve upgraded our ship each cruise - Holiday, Elation and now Spirit. We're trying to decide on shore activities, so the shore photos are helpful.

We have an extended balcony this time - my first balcony room ever. :D I noticed the chairs on your balcony photo. Are those the types of chairs on all balconies? We are assuming cheap, uncomfortable plastic chairs, and we were trying to think of a way to take more cofortable camp chairs with us. What's the point in having a balcony if you can't kick back and relax? But the chairs in your photo look more comfortable. Any tips on that would be helpful. Thank you!!

I did the Spirit to Alaska this past September and loved it. Only problem I had was that I found the Lido buffet layout confusing. I never could remember where the pasta station or salad section was or if I did, I could have sworn it wasn't in that location the day before. :D I was talking to my PVP yesterday and she'd just done a Spirit to the Mexican Riviera (the same one I'll be doing in January) and she had the same problem! She said her husband got the layout fine from day one, but she could never find the pizza station without going around in circles.

But that's a minor problem as I see it - and since I gained 5 pounds on the cruise, I guess you could say that proves it.

Have a great cruise.

NeptuneGoddess - Thank you so much for sharing the photos of the ship and ports. Our family is sailing on the Spirit Feb 10, 2008. We;ve upgraded our ship each cruise - Holiday, Elation and now Spirit. We're trying to decide on shore activities, so the shore photos are helpful.

We have an extended balcony this time - my first balcony room ever. :D I noticed the chairs on your balcony photo. Are those the types of chairs on all balconies? We are assuming cheap, uncomfortable plastic chairs, and we were trying to think of a way to take more cofortable camp chairs with us. What's the point in having a balcony if you can't kick back and relax? But the chairs in your photo look more comfortable. Any tips on that would be helpful. Thank you!!

Just noticed your post about the chairs. I had an extended balcony, too and those are the same chairs I had on my balcony as NeptuneGoddess'. They are quite comfortable. It was nice to have the extra leg room.

Hey AuntBek, I see this is your first post on CC, check out the Roll Calls section for Carinival Spirit for Feb 10th, 2008 and meet the rest of us who'll be joining you on this cruise. Not a lot of talk yet, but we'll be chatting about what excusions everyone has planned.

I did the Spirit to Alaska this past September and loved it. Only problem I had was that I found the Lido buffet layout confusing. I never could remember where the pasta station or salad section was or if I did, I could have sworn it wasn't in that location the day before. :D I was talking to my PVP yesterday and she'd just done a Spirit to the Mexican Riviera (the same one I'll be doing in January) and she had the same problem! She said her husband got the layout fine from day one, but she could never find the pizza station without going around in circles.

But that's a minor problem as I see it - and since I gained 5 pounds on the cruise, I guess you could say that proves it.

Have a great cruise.

Gosh I got soo turned around in the Lido Buffet..My husband had to come looking for me once...:)

The Spirit is my favorite ship, been on her 3 times now and twice on her sister the Pride. The Spirit has a great crew and their Supper Club stands out against the rest. For a first time Carnival trip you picked a great ship to start on.

Fred

The Spirit is my favorite ship, been on her 3 times now and twice on her sister the Pride. The Spirit has a great crew and their

Supper club stands out against the rest. For a first time Carnival trip you picked a great ship to start on.

Fred

Would anyone have the new Supper Club Menu? (my old menu lists 'Stone Clams' - not on the current menu now) We Loved David's (on Pride) and now we are looking forward to the Supper Club (?name?) on the Spirit. Janis:)

• 2 weeks later...

Here's one I found for the supper club....I do believe this is for the Alaskan itin and not sure if it's the same as the Mex. Riviera, but I believe it is. :) It is called the Nouveau Supper Club. I'm excited about sailing the Spirit. As an East Coaster, this is a big trip for us! Praying for good weather for travel days!

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Static_Templates/Alaska/Entrees.pdf

Hey don't flame me guys, but am I the only one who didn't like the Spirit ??

Actually, I was sick for 3 days, so that may have colored my view. :)

We were on verandah deck midship, and we heard chairs scraping all day long. (I need to rest alot, so I was in the room more than the others.)

The dining room food was o.k. but not great. It was hard to find an empty table in Lido, and there were kids running around everywhere.

Our tours were great, and the golf pro was awesome. Pictures turned out great too.

Pat

Have been on the Spirit 3 times (twice to Acapulco, once to LaPaz). Most recently 2 weeks ago. Really like the ship. The crew is GREAT and we really enjoyed it. So easy too to fly into San Diego and board the ship. Very smooth boarding for us.

Definitely would recommend the ship to others.

I was on the same cruise as MilliesMom and it was my first time on Carnival. I had some concerns about sailing on Carnival because I like HAL so much. However, after this trip, I will not hesitate to sail with Carnival again.

The ship was beautiful, the crew was great, the service was wonderful, my cabin was clean, my steward was responsive and friendly, the drinks tasty and strong and best of all, the food in the Lido, the main dining room and the supper club was delicious. The supper club is really not to be missed.

Pictures at:

http://travel.webshots.com/album/561523422OgMJeL?vhost=travel

Archived