Millennium Balcony Dividers

TbirdTraveler

I was wondering if the balcony dividers are hinged on the Millennium like they are on some other ships so that we can have the room steward open up the balcony between our cabin and the one next to us, since we have friends traveling with us in the next cabin? :confused: We are both in Sky Suites on deck 6. Thanks in advance for your answers.

We were in a Sky Suite on the Millie two years ago, and at that time I seem to recall the partitions on our veranda to be bolted in place. However, in all honesty, I didn't really inspect them all that carefully.

Have a great sail. May the skies be clear and the waters calm.

Dave

I'll be sailing on the Milly for the first time in March and had the same question since my mom will be in the next cabin. I was told that the dividers are fixed in place. On HAL's Volendam, the divider was fixed, but there was a door in it that could be opened. I've looked at Milly photos, but couldn't see a similar feature.

Happy sailing!

We were on the Summit in September and had friends in the adjoining cabin. We tried really hard to find a way to open the partition, but it seemed to be anchored securely in place. Wish the partitions did open - it would be a lot easier than leaning over the rail to talk! However, we were just so excited to be there, that it didn't spoil our cruise at all!

The only exception to this is the cabins far aft on Deck Six. For fire safety reasons, there's a door from each penthouse deck to the Sky Suite deck next door, and from that Sky Suite deck to the Concierge Class Cabin deck next to that. There's also a door from the concierge cabin deck to a little deck off the butler's service pantry(DOESN'T SHOW UP ON DECK PLANS)...we used to co-opt that little extra space when we were in that concierge cabin.:)

The doors are only supposed to open one way, but there's no issue opening it by reaching around. The folks in the Sky Suite opened it once to 'test it' We had a good laugh, because we'd done the same thing before they boarded.:D

I've been on Princess where this can happen easily, and it was a nice feature.

Andrew

Archived