Just off Romantica to Egypt.

April2412

Yes we did 4 actually.

Alexandria, Egypt - we did the "Saquarra, Pyramids, Camel and Jeep" this was the best trip ever. The only bad part is sitting in the bus 3 hours each way. We did the usual visit to the pyramids and also got to go to Saquarra. We rode Jeeps off rode in the dessert and then rode camels for about 20 min. We also ate a really good lunch at a Country Club.

Port Said, Egypt - we did "Pyramids and Nile" this was fun also, of course the bus ride was bad again. Again we went to the pyramids and then took a Nile River cruise for lunch.

Limmisol, Cyprus - we did the Jeep tour. We did this one 2 years ago and loved it so we did it again and had a great time again. They take you around to small villages and on dirt rodes to a waterfall. They also take you to a really nice winery.

Athens, Greece - we did "Athen and Cape Sounion" this took us to Zeus Temple and around Athens and to the Acropolis. It was pretty good, but it was really cold that day, and we probably could have done the same things cheaper on our own pretty easy.

We had long pants and t-****s and it was fine. Many people at the tourist spots had on shorts and tank tops and they seemed to fit in fine. Maybe certin spots you would not want to wear shorts, but most places it seemed ok. Just check before you go because certain places want to make sure that you cover your sholders.

I have only been to Egypt in October and November and it was least 80 each day, so I am sure it will also be warm in March.

• 8 months later...

April 2412 if you're still getting messages from this thread OR anyone who has sailed the Romantica recently. I'm sailing with about 30 of my friends November 3, 2008. I'd like some details about the ship, service and food, and also any info you might have about how your transfers went from Rome. Our ports include Athens; Marmaris, Turkey and Crete, any comments or suggestions about the ports?

Thanks!

Gayle

• 3 weeks later...

I have been searching the threads for Romantica cruisers also. I am going on 10-11-08 on the romantica.

I can't find anything recent.

If you find out anything, let me know!!! LOL

I will let you know if I find anything out.

I hope yall have a fabulous time!!!!

Archived