Use caution along the Italian coastline.

What this young lady did reminds me of something I have done in the past and would have probably done on our cruise next summer. I will be more careful now. Such a sad story of love and loss. :(

One thing about the article concerns me.

Scherer’s body was placed in a “cold room” for viewing. The family was allowed to view the body for 10 minutes the first day, all day the next day and then just 10 minutes on the third day before she was cremated. Her ashes were brought to the family in a small tin.

Does this mean that the family had no say in how the woman was "taken care of" after the accident? Do you suppose the family was made to cremate the woman, or did they have a choice to send her body back to Ohio?

Does this mean that the family had no say in how the woman was "taken care of" after the accident? Do you suppose the family was made to cremate the woman, or did they have a choice to send her body back to Ohio

I wondered about that also

I can see how people would find getting close to the edge "adventurous," so unless there was a DANGER DO NOT ENTER sign, perhaps people just don't know about the harsh waves.

Just like the passengers that fall overboard, it is a tragic accident caused by carelessness, but never-the-less a loss of life that shouldn't be ridiculed (Catherine, I am not talking about your statement, but of those that say, "well he was drunk and shouldn't have been hanging off the balcony...serves them right...the idiot!") :(

Archived