3 and 4 nights from San Juan

juanotero79

Hello,

I enjoy short cruises a lot. In San Juan the only cruise line that has offered 3 and 4 night cruises has been Royal Caribbean with the ship Empress of the Seas.

I love Carnival Cruise Lines and I think it would be great if they get to explore the possibility of offering short cruises from San Juan. It is possible to offer various alternatives of routes.

3 nights

San Juan - St Thomas - St Maarteen - San Juan

San Juan - St Thomas - Antigua - San Juan

San Juan - La Romana - At Sea - San Juan

San Juan - Santo Domingo - La Romana - San Juan

4 nights

They can add a day at sea to the above and make 4 night cruises or go to near by ports like: Virgin Gorda, St Kitts, Martinique... and so on.

I think that if Carnival explores this new option it can be attractive to cruise lovers like all of us. New routes and cruise options are needed for all of us who love cruising.

It does sound like a good idea but the airfare from the Continental US to PR for a 4 day cruise would not be worth the trip. The airfare would probably cost more than the cruise! :eek:

Would Carnival be able to get enough interest from Puerto Ricans to make the cost of sailing a ship from there on regular short runs feasible? I'm not trying to be rude; I honestly don't know how that would work or what the demand for cruises from PR is. I'm assuming the majority of the people who would make those sailings would be from PR considering the cost of airfare.

We'll be visiting San Juan soon when we sail on Destiny. I can't wait to see Puerto Rico. We're flying in a day before so we have some extra time.

Hello,

I enjoy short cruises a lot. In San Juan the only cruise line that has offered 3 and 4 night cruises has been Royal Caribbean with the ship Empress of the Seas. ......................I think that if Carnival explores this new option it can be attractive to cruise lovers like all of us. New routes and cruise options are needed for all of us who love cruising.

I am surprised to hear RCCL offers them. It does not seem attractive flying that far (and spending that much on airfare) for a 3 or 4 dayer. Just my feeling.

3 and 4 dayers seem to be more attractive in areas where folks can drive to the port... and hop on the ship for a long weekend.

I am surprised to hear RCCL offers them. It does not seem attractive flying that far (and spending that much on airfare) for a 3 or 4 dayer. Just my feeling.

They offer them as the other half of their 10 and 11 dayers, so that those cruises don't interfere with the weekend departures.

Yes RCCl have done it for a few years with the Empress of the Seas and it was sucessfull.Many puertorricans travelled on the Empress.I know that the Empress is a small ship for the standards .I dont know if they can fill a big ship. But.....Im with juanotero i always wondered why Carnival hasnt done it. John Heald told us on his blog to write things that we like and dont like about Carnival and what we would like to see, for him to take our comments and suggestions to Miami for a meeting with the big people in the company. That was one of my suggestion, lets see. I think its a good idea.

Carnival used to segment the Destiny itinerary so you could board in San Juan and get off in Barbados or Aruba (or board at those spots and get off in San Juan) I don't know why they stopped that practice.

Obviously Carnival believes they can make more money with the disposition of the ships as they are now.

Archived