Carnival Glory VS Carnival Legend....Help!

DDofcruisemaniac

Hello,

I would like to obtain your opinion about which cruise seems best between the 2........as I am hesitating a whole lot.

US: Husband, 32. Me, 31. We are leaving our daughter at home for this trip. Well travelled, sailed on Carnival, Norwegian, Princess and RCCL. All have pro's and con's. RCCL is my fave so far (I think).

Choice: Dec 29 sailing on the Glory, from Orlando. OR Dec 30 sailing on the Legend, from Tampa. Prices are quite similar. Ports of call as well, as we are both divers and will dive in any given port.

Which boat offers more "bang for our buck"? Which port is best for embarkation/disembarkation (as I have never visited neither)? Entertainment? Is the special restaurant in the Glory worth us choosing that boat?

I'm at a loss here! Help!

Thank you!

Both ships are great. I do like the Legend because of the adult pool in the back of the ship. Glory is great out of that port. I think your buck will bang well with either ships. Where does the ship go should be something you look for.

I'm on the Legend again this year because of Belize, but also because I really did like the layout.

Itty

We have not cruised on the Legend. The Glory is our favorite ship so far (7 cruises to date). In the past year we have sailed out of Port Canaveral, Tampa and we just got back from the Triumph in Miami. We live in Central Florida (about the same distance to either port) but prefer Port Canaveral to Tampa (either is better than Miami, which is horrible). I think either one would be a great cruise but Glory gets my vote!!

legend has 1 aft dining room....Glory has 2 with one splitting the main decks (makes it harder to go there from here).

The lido deck has stadium teers on the Glory and it's a straight Lido on the Legend.

Both have supper clubs.....Glory has fish n chips.

I've done the Triumph...different class than Glory but very similar and I've done the Miracle twice (Legends sister) I love the Spirit class ships. To me the flow is more comfortable and it feels like the right size.

With that being said....I'm bopoked on the Glory for next year....they are all good!!

I'd go for the Legend. Since you're flying, it's a simple cab ride to a hotel and/or the port. Getting from MCO to Pt Canaveral is more expensive. However, that would be meaningless if I felt the Glory was a better cruise. Glory takes you to Cozumel, Belize, and Nassau. Legend takes you to Grand Cayman, Coz, Belize, and Roatan. 4 ports vs 3 ports. I haven't been to Roatan, but have heard great things about it. Next time I have a cruise stop at Nassau, I'm either not getting off the ship, or I'm going the Yellowbird Party Boat again. Not a fan of Nassau. Either way, have a great cruise!

We've saild both the Legend & the Glory. I would choose the Glory. Why.....because we had better service on the Glory, like the stadium pool setting on the lido better and it had a younger crowd (meaning 30 to 50 rather than 70 - 90). We also really liked going out of Port Canaveral, it was the easiest on and off we have every had.

You'll be very pleased with your decision, we've done Glory east and west. Port Canaveral is definetely the nicest/easiest to sail from, but the sail away from Tampa is spectacular with the Sunshine bridge and all. At Port Canaveral, Glory just spins around and is out to sea. We did get to watch the nite shuttle launch of 12/9/06 from about 40miles out to sea, ABSOLUTELY SPECTACULAR! If you've got binoculars, you can see the launch pad from the ship.

We've saild both the Legend & the Glory. I would choose the Glory. Why.....because we had better service on the Glory, like the stadium pool setting on the lido better and it had a younger crowd (meaning 30 to 50 rather than 70 - 90). We also really liked going out of Port Canaveral, it was the easiest on and off we have every had.

Hi Kelly and Clark,

You are from my old "stompin' grounds." I lived in Cedar Springs for many years before moving to Central Florida five years ago. I miss the changing seasons, but not the winters.

I agree that the OP will love the Glory. This is our favorite ship.

Archived