tubing or falls on your own?

trish1c

Is it possible to just get a cab & go to a location where you can go tubing or do you have to book an excursion?

What about the Seven Sisters Falls trip? Can you just hire a cab & go? Is it well marked? How hard is it? Can you compare it to Dunns River Falls in Jamaica? That's the only one I have ever done.

• 1 month later...

I'd also like to know this... the River Tubing is waitlisted and we REALLY wanted to do this.

I've been to Grenada many times but never did anything other than Grand Anse and Annandale Falls :-)

Anyone... river tubing? ;-)

Julie

Carnival Victory, October 2000

Celebrity Zenith, Oct. 2003- June 2004 (Working)

Carnival Fascination, April 2006 (Wedding)

Crown Princess... 5 January, 2008!

Is it possible to just get a cab & go to a location where you can go tubing or do you have to book an excursion?

What about the Seven Sisters Falls trip? Can you just hire a cab & go? Is it well marked? How hard is it? Can you compare it to Dunns River Falls in Jamaica? That's the only one I have ever done.

That is our plan for Grenada, to get a cab and go do the hike to seven sisters on our own so hope it is possible. I would do some internet searching for the trails and that should get you through it ok. If it is a trail that has multiple paths it might be a good idea to take some small ribbons to tie off along the way so you can find your way back. We're doing the same thing in Dominica also and then doing the ziplining park.

Just returned from Grenada on a Southern Princess cruise (Dec 8) and did Seven Sisters falls hike. It was just my wife and I and I had originally planned on a taxi or tour guide to the falls.

We actually took the local bus system to the falls entrance. If you are brave and like to experience local life, then walk to the bus depot and take the "grenville" bus for $2.50 US each. You may be packed in a mini-bus like sardines, but it was cheap and easy. We told the driver we were getting off at the falls and he stopped at the unmarked driveway.

The trail is on private property and you are charged for access and offered a guide. We declined the guide and accepted their walking sticks. Don't bring nice shoes, the red clay will destroy them. The trail is rocky, mostly clay and wet.

I had hiking sandals and they were perfect. It can be an ankle breaker if you are not good at picking through rough trails. Nothing extreme, just muddy and wet with limited maintenance. No need for markers for the return. The trail is obvious and wide with a portion on a local road.

The falls are nice, but not spectacular lilke Dunns River. You can swim and climb the falls face and jump in. You can also take a side trail to the top for a bigger jump (about 50-60 feet).

It had rained before we arrived and the water was a little murky, but we swam and jumped. It was worth it and a good day in the rain forest. I will try to figure out the upload process and put a few pictures for you to see.

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I went river tubing last Febuary in Grenada. It was a lot of fun and well worth it. There are A few things you should know though. First of all to the best of my knowledge you must book through the cruise line. I tried to find The tour operater on my own, but they told me that I had to book through the ship. Second and very important is that the river is very shallow and pretty fast moving, there are a few small rapids which is really what makes it fun. One aspect that my wife and I did not think was fun, was that the tour guides splash you when you first get in, and I'm not a fan of getting splashed, but in good fun you suck it up. except the splashing doesn't stop there. There are a couple of points in the trip, say maybe 4 or 5 where they splash you, and when I say splash I mean like a 6 year old would do given no limit's. They continue to splash you directly in the face even if you ask them to stop! Over all it was a great time, and we did complain to the ship about the excessive splashing so maybe they toned it down. We are going to be going again in March and you better believe that this time I'm taking some swimmers goggles and ear plugs.

Archived