Just returned from 12 night on the Quest...any questions ?

bryanjaync

In sky Suite 8068. Under Windows Cafe. Yes, at the close of the Cafe (10:30 am, 2:30 pm, and 9:30 pm) we could hear sounds of carts / furniture being moved. Sounded kind of like distance rolling thunder. Because of the times of day, it was not really a bother and did not last longer than 30 minutes.

To JON AND NANCY

The library area ( the Drawing Room) had a chess set, I dont remember seeing any other board games. The may be available, but I did not notice any. As for tipping, if you order room service, it is usual tip the delivery guy a couple of bucks. Porters at the terminal usually get $2 per bag. At the end of the cruise, we gave our favorite bartenders $10.

To BGSS

We bought a soda card for $5 / day for a total of $60 plus a 18% gratuity. By the can, soda is $2. Since we stayed in a Sky Suite, sodas from the mini bar were free. It took a few visits to Guest Relations to explain that fact and that we wanted our frig stocked with diet Cokes, but it finally worked out. I dont drink alcohol, but my partner does, so from seeing his experiences, I think the cheapest wine was $6 a glass. Martinis were $12. BEWARE: the daily news letter will list the drink special of the day, but it doesnt mean necessarily that the price is 'special'. for instance the drink special of the day was martinis, but we were told that the price was still $12, it was just the special drink of the day. Still dont understand that. ADVICE: Each stateroom / cabin is allowed to carry two bottles of wine onboard for consumption in the cabin. You will save a bundle by buying two bottles and carrying them onboard. It is totally permitted, and your cabin steward can supply glasses (we brought a cheapo wine opener). Cannot comment on bottled water or speciality coffees.

Board games, chess, monopoly, cribbage, etc.

Another question... This is our first cruise...should we be expecting to pull out extra money for side tips to staff for carrying bags or special treatment?

Thanks,

Tipping : From what I can acertain there is no "USUAL" as to tipping. Since we are paying a very premium amount of gratuities on ships card already, many (I included) feel that all is inclusive. Your daily tip amount is quite a bit higher than on reg. cruiselines (Even higher than on Oceania last yr). So it is truly "UP TO YOu". I doubt we'll be paying any extra, as we ask for little from our room attendant whatever they might be called, don't drink so no bartender. (But will admit to the morning coffee on veranda.):rolleyes:

Tipping : From what I can acertain there is no "USUAL" as to tipping. Since we are paying a very premium amount of gratuities on ships card already' date=' many (I included) feel that all is inclusive. Your daily tip amount is quite a bit higher than on reg. cruiselines (Even higher than on Oceania last yr). So it is truly "UP TO YOu". I doubt we'll be paying any extra, as we ask for little from our room attendant whatever they might be called, don't drink so no bartender. (But will admit to the morning coffee on veranda.):rolleyes:[/quote']

Must disagree with the underlined section of your post (highlighting mine). The daily tip amount per person on Azamara is about $0.75 per day higher than on Celebrity ships. I don't see how this can be construed as a "premium amount."

Karen

To JON AND NANCY

The library area ( the Drawing Room) had a chess set, I dont remember seeing any other board games. The may be available, but I did not notice any. As for tipping, if you order room service, it is usual tip the delivery guy a couple of bucks. Porters at the terminal usually get $2 per bag. At the end of the cruise, we gave our favorite bartenders $10.

There are a bunch of board games in the Looking Glass Lounge, in the non-smoking side....well, there was on the Journey, anyhow. Monopoly, Scrabble, Pictionary, etc. In fact, there were a few of these listed in the Activity schedule (e.g. Pictionary). There are playing cards available upon request.

nlvc

Tips, per your cruise documents, are automatically charged to your room on the second-last day of the cruise. They came to $294 in a veranda stateroom for two on the 12-night Halloween sailing, or $12.25 pppd. You can alter that by talking to Guest Relations.

There was Scrabble and two other games in the Drawing Room on Quest.

Just got back from the 10/31-11/12 Quest cruise. Stayed in a Sky Suite and ate at both speciality restaurants. Will post full review, but will answer specific questions too.

I know there was something on this before on the thread, but for the life of me, I cannot find it right now. Probably right in front of my eyes!! In the Sky Suite, is cola free, or a charge? :confused:

Thanks,

Marti

CruiseGuy is correct that sodas from the minibar in SkySuites are included in the fare. BUT, I had to go to Guest Relations three times to get the point across that I wanted my minibar filled with Diet Cokes, and replenished as used. ( I was not taking advantage of the service, since I used my purchased soda card during the day, just wanted the in room sodas after nap time and first thing in the morning). There seemed to be a communication breakdown between Guest Relations, HouseKeeping Director, HouseKeeping Supervisor, and our Butler. Both Guest Relations and the Butler were very nice about the situation, just a communications kink. Once it was straighted out, the Diet Cokes were always in the mini-bar. A nice feature !

To CruiseyGuy: My partner and I drink ALOT of diet cokes. The poor butler would have been running himself to death refilling the fridge if we had not have the soda cards ! We liked the convenience of the card in that we did not have to make trips back to the room. But thanks for your nice words.

TO RMLLEL: One shuffle board court on the SkyDeck, and one pp table on the deck below.

DH will be thrilled. :) I had tried to ready him for a lack of ping pong since the ship is smaller than what we've previously sailed. Thanks for that!

Karen

• 2 weeks later...

On our 12 night cruise....3 production shows, one impressionist, 2 performance by a pianist, two movies. thats all i can recall. the production shows, we saw 1, were smaller of course, but entertaining. everyone says the pianist was great. In the mosiac cafe at night either the piano player Dan or the harpist usually played.

We had room 8061 on your cruise and had the same problem with the Butler & the mini-fridge. We were told that we were allowed one bottle of water per day and one can of soda per person per day complementary. We also had to go down to Guest relations a few times to get the kinks out. The cabin noise was okay until early morning when they move stuff around in the Windows Cafe. We thought it sounded like thunder sometimes. The last night the noise was terrible. There was hammering!

I did enjoy the Drawing Room - it became my happy place.

There were some puzzles which I found relaxing to do for awhile and some board games and daily crosswords etc. You can get other games on request. We had to leave notes in order to keep the mini-fridge stocked - which was annoying, but at least we were getting what we wanted.

Archived