Costs of Drinks?

EchoSix

I'm batting around getting a Wine & Dine package (or even the Wine Cellar Package) for my wife, versus her just getting a glass of wine per night.

I'd help share the bottle each night, but wine's just not my thing. So I can easily see some of the wine going to waste each night if she doesn't finish it.

Is it worth doing even the Gold Package (5 bottles) or would it just be cheaper for her to get a single glass each night, during dinner?

We'll most likely just drink coffee and soda the rest of the time, with an occasional beer for myself.

Oh, no kidding? How 'bout that.

Well, if someone were to purchase a wine package and not even get to all the bottles... What happens then? Do they allow you to go home with those bottles you've paid for and haven't used?

Or is it simply easier to just get a glass for dinner each night?

How much are the drinks normally?

Such as... A glass of wine, a bottle of beer, a mixed drink, etc.

Hi Echo,

Are you familiar with the wines in any of the packages? I was only familiar one that I knew that I liked, so I went to the liquor store and bought several bottles that were on the list. They are not expensive, mostly under $12-$15. (At least that's the most I paid for them.) I figured it was cheaper to try them here first rather than spend $35 on something I hated. Am I glad I did!!! I only found one that is even passable. Even with a ton of Sangria mix, they went down the drain. I will order by the glass or stick with the wine I know from the big wine list.

If your DW is like mine and can nurse a drink for two hours buying wine by the glass would probably be cheaper. I tend to drink at least 3 glasses during the 1-2 hour meal. If you buy a bottle the waiter will constantly keep refilling your glass.

Yes if you have leftover bottles at the end you can take them as long as you don't go over the customs limit (1 litre?).

The drinks and wine by the glass on board are about the same as what you would pay in a nice restaurant. The souvenir glass drinks which can run up to $10.

Jimmers:)

Besides being corked and saved for the next evening, leftover wine can be taken back to the cabin.

Here is a link to some drink menus posted a while back by fellow CCer, Schplinky. Just click the next and previous buttons to scroll through. It will give you an idea of drink prices, including wine.

Mariner drink menus

My husband likes wine with dinner also so he just buys it one bottle at a time - what he doesn't finish in the bottle that night is automatically brought back to the table for dinner the next night - he finds it cheaper in the long run to buy one bottle at a time which he orders right at the dinner table from the wine steward.

Besides being corked and saved for the next evening, leftover wine can be taken back to the cabin.

Here is a link to some drink menus posted a while back by fellow CCer, Schplinky. Just click the next and previous buttons to scroll through. It will give you an idea of drink prices, including wine.

Mariner drink menus

Great link. Thanks a lot! Very helpful.

We are sailing on Navigator in a month. On our last cruise a few years ago I remember you could get a "bucket of beer". Something like 5 beer for the price of 4 served in a bucket of ice? Anyone know if this is still offered and at what price?

Also, what would a simple rum and coke or shot of whiskey cost?

Thanks!

Archived