Gem - Disembark time in Barcelona

Jaguar85

The earliest we heard was 6am for self disembarkation. People were trying to catch 9am flights. We walked off under the express disembarkation at 8:15 and was at the airport at 9:15 very easily, but too early to check i for a 12 noon flight out on KLM.

Guest Anorak33

They threw us off at 10am. Our flight wasn't until 11pm - and then it was late!

I know every inch of that darn airport.

Next time I will use the left luggage lockers at the far end of Terminal B, big locker 4 euros 60 for 24 hours or part thereof.

Then I'll do some sightseeing without having to worry about my bags.

The announcements for disembarking started around 6am. I did not get up until 7:45am, then DW and I went to Grand Pacific for breakfast. We then got off the ship at 9am and got in a taxi and was at the airport at 9:30pm. The problems was our flight wasnt until 2pm.

The announcements for disembarking started around 6am. I did not get up until 7:45am, then DW and I went to Grand Pacific for breakfast. We then got off the ship at 9am and got in a taxi and was at the airport at 9:30pm. The problems was our flight wasnt until 2pm.

Hi,

In August we had a 10.55am flight out of Barcelona (to Europe).

We chose to disembark ourselves and carried our luggage off at around 7.15-7.30am.

We were second in line for a taxi to the airport and checked in much too early, but to be honest, we preferred that rather than the unknown of how long we would have to wait for a cab and then, what the flow of traffic to the airport would be later.

That's just me though, but I'm a scaredy-cat. :)

Thanks - so it seems that the Delta flight Barcelona to JFK at 10:00 am is doable?

From my my experience, I believe it it would be. I would sign up for self disembarkation and be ready to get off the ship as one of the first ones off. You head right past all the carousels where people are waiting for their luggage and head right for a taxi. Barcelona airport can be a madhouse depending on what airline you take. It took us 45 minutes to check in on Iberia for our BA codeshare flight to Heathrow. The BA line was empty, but many of the discount airlines lines looked like Disney World attraction lines.

Archived