Trnasfers from port to Rome after the cruise

We are ending our cruise in Rome and plan to stay on a few days. As there will be 5 ships in port that day I think trying to obtain tranport to Rome at that time will be a zoo. Has anyone used a privite company to meet them at the pier to take them to thier hotel in Rome. If so I would love the contact info. Thanks

OMG -- Really 5 ships at once?

Well that's say 5 X at least 1200 pax on average -- & probably more = 6,000 min. going off -- PLUS maybe another 6,000 coming on. Now consider how many pax fit into a tour bus - around 40 or so? That makes 150 bus loads each way -- it's gonna take forever to get moving I reckon.

Just don't like your chances getting an independent unless you strike it lucky with so many other passengers involved

You could be one step ahead though for an independent as maybe the 5,999 other pax don't realize there's going to be 5 ships in together and leave this vital travel detail out of their advance plans

I only ever walked to the station which should still be realistic for you if you can walk your baggage. Train gets in to Termini Station -- just about "hotel central" I reckon

For further details re train travel see the post replies to Western Girl logged here.

Archived