Food at Playa Palancar?

dive-in

I think I've narrowed down our day in Coz down to Paradise or Palanacar but we are waiting to get there before deciding which beach to hit. We have a big day on Grand Cayman planned the day before. If we want the excitement and action, we are going to head to Paradise. For a more sedate day, we'll head to Palancar. According to cruisecal there are 4 ships in port when we are there so Playa Palancar may win out if it's too crowded.

I've seen the menu at Paradise Beach but I'm wondering what the food and menu at Palancar are like? Is it good? I'm looking for cold beer, nachos, guacamole, cerviche to munch on plus a descent lunch. Not sure our kids will go for fish tacos. Do they have burgers? What are the prices like?

Thanks...

I think I've narrowed down our day in Coz down to Paradise or Palanacar but we are waiting to get there before deciding which beach to hit. We have a big day on Grand Cayman planned the day before. If we want the excitement and action, we are going to head to Paradise. For a more sedate day, we'll head to Palancar. According to cruisecal there are 4 ships in port when we are there so Playa Palancar may win out if it's too crowded.

I've seen the menu at Paradise Beach but I'm wondering what the food and menu at Palancar are like? Is it good? I'm looking for cold beer, nachos, guacamole, cerviche to munch on plus a descent lunch. Not sure our kids will go for fish tacos. Do they have burgers? What are the prices like?

Thanks...

We did Palancar last year and it was a nice day. The food was very good. I had the shrimp fajitas and I think I saw hamburger on the menu. It is a shame that kids would rather have a burger when they could have real food, but alas, I'm told that wisdom comes with age.;) I don't remember the prices. Lo siento.

Folks,

My DW and me are going to be at Palancar BC in Dec. From what I can tell, the food has been good to excellent. While the offerings are important, the major factor for us deciding to spend the day here is that Palancar is the farthest south from the cruise piers, = relaxing, snorkeling excursion directly from the beach, a few cold ones and a nice bowl of ceviche, and last but not least, peace and quiet.

Thanks, swedes. If you don't mind, follow-up with you experience here. I'm probably most interested to see if they have a kid friendly menu.

As I said, we have an all day excursion in Grand Cayman the day before so no crowds and relaxing may just be what we are looking for. The Mariner is the last ship to dock at 10 AM so the Paradise beach may be pretty busy by the time we get there. However, with a DD-8 and DS-11, Paradise beach with all the toys may be the way to go. DW and I may just have to find a quiet piece of shade amongst the crowd. We do have a day at sea to end the cruise. We can just recover then. :)

I'll be glad to note our experience at Palancar. We will be getting back to CLT just before the New Year, and I will give a detailed report then. With the kids in tow, I too would gravitate towards a club with those amenities, and probably other kids for them to play with. Although, as you said, if a chill-out day is called for, Palancar is just the ticket, with or without kids.

When its all said and done, just being on Cozumel as part of a cruise is a great experience for a family. Enjoy.

Archived