NFL onboard?

FMCowboy

I am sailing on SOS on Friday and was wondering if the the bars have NFL ticket and if they show the games live? I want to see the Dolphins / Eagles game on Sunday at 1pm and will be at Cococay (me and the boat :) )

Anyone know?

Sorry, no NFL Ticket. RCI is too cheap. They might pick up a satellite feed or 2, but it varies by ship and from cruise to cruise.

I am sailing on SOS on Friday and was wondering if the the bars have NFL ticket and if they show the games live? I want to see the Dolphins / Eagles game on Sunday at 1pm and will be at Cococay (me and the boat :) )

Anyone know?

I don't know of any cruise line that has this. At least the mass market lines anyway. It is luck of the draw on which ones they show. A suggestion would be to stop by the Guest Relations desk on Saturday and ask if they are planning to show the Dolphins game. They can at least pass the request along. Last year RCI did a great job on showing some of the big college games on a Saturday.

I don't know of any cruise line that has this. At least the mass market lines anyway. It is luck of the draw on which ones they show. A suggestion would be to stop by the Guest Relations desk on Saturday and ask if they are planning to show the Dolphins game. They can at least pass the request along. Last year RCI did a great job on showing some of the big college games on a Saturday.

I've been on a few Disney cruises that provided great sports programming that went beyond ESPN (which they own). It was great. NCL also seemed to offer more (not that it would get me to go back to NCL :) ).

But you are 100% correct; most lines don't offer it. Wish someone did.

I've been on a few Disney cruises that provided great sports programming that went beyond ESPN (which they own). It was great. NCL also seemed to offer more (not that it would get me to go back to NCL :) ).

But you are 100% correct; most lines don't offer it. Wish someone did.

You would think that a cruise line would catch on that providing a nice sports bar with good sports entertainment would bring in the alcohol sales. Last year on the Jewel, we were in the sport bar. They were showing the SEC Championship game along with the USC/UCLA game. The place was packed with standing room only and people were drinking.

Anyone know?

I am not sure if that helps you but we were in the Bahamas cruising one year when the Heat was in the playoffs. It was a south Florida local CBS station. Since the Dolphins (CBS) are the away team playing at an NFC (Fox) team CBS has the broad cast rights. If they are getting reception from the south Florida CBS affiliate you probably can pick it up in a bar somewhere.

Just for your info: we were on the Majesty which is identical to the Sovereign and the sports hot spot was the Schooner Bar.

You would think that a cruise line would catch on that providing a nice sports bar with good sports entertainment would bring in the alcohol sales. Last year on the Jewel, we were in the sport bar. They were showing the SEC Championship game along with the USC/UCLA game. The place was packed with standing room only and people were drinking.

I couldn't agree with you more. It would get me to spend for sure.

I was wondering the same thing. We will be on Sovereign in January for both the AFC and NFC championship games. We are traveling with several other couples and are all Patriots fans (I know it's not assured that they will be in the AFCCG, but the odds are pretty good). We were on AOS last year for the Pats/Chargers playoff game and it was standing room only in the sports bar as well as 40 or 50 people standing outside the lounge watching the game.

And yes the alcohol was really flowing.

We were still in San Juan at the time of the game(s), so I don't know what happens when you hit open water.

I was wondering the same thing. We will be on Sovereign in January for both the AFC and NFC championship games. We are traveling with several other couples and are all Patriots fans (I know it's not assured that they will be in the AFCCG, but the odds are pretty good). We were on AOS last year for the Pats/Chargers playoff game and it was standing room only in the sports bar as well as 40 or 50 people standing outside the lounge watching the game.

I think as a main stream cruise line RCI and Carnival knows where the money lies. There shouldn't be a problem picking up college or pro sports.

We'll be on the Liberty in January and my husband needs to watch all the playoffs. I'm understanding there is a sports bar which has only one game at a time? How many TV's are in the Liberty sports bar? Any other lounges with TV's? Thanks for any info!:)

On our cruise to Alaska this September aboard the Radiance, I had the opportunity to see a number of college games. I enjoyed this, and our neighbors were especially happy since they were from Florida and were able to see or hear the results of their favorite teams.:D

We were still in San Juan at the time of the game(s), so I don't know what happens when you hit open water.

IME, RCI will generally make accommodations for the bigger games, especially the pro ones.

On our cruise to Alaska this September aboard the Radiance, I had the opportunity to see a number of college games. I enjoyed this, and our neighbors were especially happy since they were from Florida and were able to see or hear the results of their favorite teams.:D

Sports feeds on AK cruises work much differently than on Caribbean ones. In AK, RCI stays with the standard US version of ESPN, making it much easier to see their slate of college games. You would not get this with ESPN Deportes in the Caribbean.

I think as a main stream cruise line RCI and Carnival knows where the money lies. There shouldn't be a problem picking up college or pro sports.

It shouldn't be a problem, but it is.

The original question was about NFL Ticket. That absolutely is not available.

Again, when in the Caribbean, RCI invariably defaults over to ESPN Deportes, which means you do not see the standard ESPN programming. Generally, you do get things like a NBA Game of the Week of Monday Night Football, because ESPN carries those in the US and then ESPN Deportes will pick up select games for the audience they serve.

IME, RCI will also make unique exceptions to pick up the direct sat feeds for higher profile games like playoffs for the major sports.

We'll be on the Liberty in January and my husband needs to watch all the playoffs. I'm understanding there is a sports bar which has only one game at a time? How many TV's are in the Liberty sports bar? Any other lounges with TV's? Thanks for any info!:)

Liberty does not have a dedicated sports bar. On Freedom class ships, they generally play sports at certain time in the On the Air karaoke bar. You can also try your stateroom. In almost every case, it's one game at a time, not multiple concurrent games like you would get in a true sports bar.

Liberty does not have a dedicated sports bar. On Freedom class ships, they generally play sports at certain time in the On the Air karaoke bar. You can also try your stateroom. In almost every case, it's one game at a time, not multiple concurrent games like you would get in a true sports bar.

I'd just care about the Monday Nighter on November 26.

:D

Archived