Oh no! Won Hyatt through Priceline

3redheads

• Administrators
I thought for sure I'd get the Intercontinental in Miami. We're going in August.

The reviews on tripadvisor aren't good.

Anyone been there lately?

I haven't (hope you get some good, positive replies about your hotel!) -- but your post raises a very important point. Using Priceline in hopes of getting a particular hotel is VERY tricky at best. A lot depends on their current "star" rating and their current "zone" map -- each of which can change at Priceline's whim. For more information, the website http://www.biddingfortravel.com has very helpful information in this regard -- it's kind of thick and takes a while to digest -- but it's worth it to (hopefully) avoid disappointment.

Michelle,

I used that site, but I was too anxious and didn't realize Hyatt had so many bad reviews. I can only hope for the best. They have 9 months to finish the renovations. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Thanks for the response.

I did a bit of research and there seems to be a mix of responses. Most of the negative reviews are from people who spend more than one night there.

I'm sure the refurbishments will be done by next August. At least, I hope :D

Thank you!

I thought for sure I'd get the Intercontinental in Miami. We're going in August.

The reviews on tripadvisor aren't good.

Anyone been there lately?

Specifically which Hyatt are you referring to?

The hotel is FINE. We stayed there in September before our cruise and liked it very much. We also posted a positive review.

I believe that all renovations should be finished by the time you visit. We had no noise nor any problems from the renovations.

Here are some pictures:

http://travel.webshots.com/album/560656375lAxMuo

Archived