Budget Travel article on PR

amapola

http://www.budgettravel.com/bt-dyn/content/article/2007/10/03/AR2007100301482.html

Pretty decent article :) . Talks about El Yunque, Guavate, Ponce, Rincón and a few other places. Also has a nice slide show at the end.

Word to the wise, though: the hotel mentioned in Ponce, Meliá, is a dump :eek: . I had the unfortunate chance to stay there for work a couple of years ago and the bedsheets had holes. The carpet was so dirty (and I had forgotten to pack slippers, it was just for one night) that I wore heels to go to the bathroom. Awful, awful place. Strangely, it has one of the best restaurants, Mark's at the Melia. :confused:

Thanks for posting the link!

One thing that puzzles me is that they spent the night in Ponce and drove to Mayaguez for breakfast??? That's almost an hour away!

Wish they had given more details/comments about the quality of hotels they stayed in.

Agreed!! And Ricomini isn't even the best place for brazo gitano :D . Everyone knows Franco is the king (DH is from Mayagüez). The only explanation I can think of is that they were on the way to Rincón and wanted to hit landmark places. I thought the previous day's route (Yabucoa to Guavate to Ponce) was rather odd too.

I don't think they stayed in very good hotels :rolleyes: . The first one is a parador, and I personally haven't had the best experience in paradors (YMMV :) --many people like them). Of the one in Rincon they say "the beachfront location makes up for the below-average rooms" :eek:

Archived