shorts

David2115

are shorts allowed in the restaurant for breakfast or will we have to go back to cabin to change prior to leaving the ship in the caribbean

Please don't whisper so much as a word of this to any of the other members of this board - but I have personally worn shorts to breakfast in the Mauretania restaurant. No one actually objected but I noticed several people who suddenly lost their appetite for breakfast and departed rather hastily.

As I say, please keep this info strictly to yourself as I don't think I could stand the public opprobrium and ostracism that would undoubtedly ensue if any of the others found out.

Jimmy

For a moment there I thought I had clicked on the Carnival Board by mistake.

Not being a shorts person, I have a hard time wrestling with this concept but I would think that for the majority of passengers, if you care, shorts might be better seen in the lido rather than the dining room. However, that is a personal opinion and not possibly that of the ship.

We have worn shorts in the Britianna Restaurant during breakfast time and had no problem. But especially if you are preparing to go directly off the ship for a tour right from the restaurant. If you are also going to catch a tender for shore or a tour, time my be short to return to the cabin.

Yes, I believe the there is no problem in the Kings Court.

The staff seems to be very understanding, but does expect the proper dress code for the evening that starts at 6PM.

i understand, nice shorts in the day, it is the caribbean you know, proper dress code at night, even a thick yorkshireman can understand that....where do i order buckets of beer!

When you dock in one of the Islands I would contact that Carnival ship that is also docked there and maybe they can send a few over by rope.

are shorts allowed in the restaurant for breakfast

I too must admit to having worn shorts in the restaurant as well:o - sometimes for lunch as well as for breakfast:eek: (in my defence it was only very occasionally). The official ruling is no shorts in the restaurant however they seem to overlook that unless wearing them causes a problem.

On our Med. cruise in the summer, there were shorts on legs of both sexes and all ages in the Queens Grill for breakfast and lunch. Only women were allowed to wear shorts in the Queens Grill Lounge for tea. Very odd that.:)

I am firmly of the opinion that shorts should only be worn if appropriate legs are on display as a result.

Whilst I may be prepared to relax that attitude on shore, whilst I'm eating I do not want to be exposed to knobbly knees, tree trunks or the like. These will put me off my food.

Long shapely feminine legs are fine - whilst these may distract me, I can live with that.

Matthew.

I am firmly of the opinion that shorts should only be worn if appropriate legs are on display as a result.

Whilst I may be prepared to relax that attitude on shore, whilst I'm eating I do not want to be exposed to knobbly knees, tree trunks or the like. These will put me off my food.

Long shapely feminine legs are fine - whilst these may distract me, I can live with that.

Matthew.

Luckily, while you are eating, legs are generally hidden under the table. :)

Until they walk past......

Anyway, why is anyone in Queens' Grill and eating breakfast downstairs?

Matthew

Possibly because they are married to my husband, who likes to go down to the restaurant and eat at a 'proper' table. I am occasionally able to persuade him of the benefits of room service. He never wears shorts though.:)

Possibly because they are married to my husband, who likes to go down to the restaurant and eat at a 'proper' table. I am occasionally able to persuade him of the benefits of room service. He never wears shorts though.:)

Remind me never to marry your husband!!

Kirsten is even more keen on room service than I am!

Matthew

On our Med. cruise in the summer, there were shorts on legs of both sexes and all ages in the Queens Grill for breakfast and lunch. Only women were allowed to wear shorts in the Queens Grill Lounge for tea. Very odd that.:)

Not odd at all. The brochure says crumpet will always be served at tea.

I don't enjoy cold eggs, cold toast and cold coffee ergo we go down to breakfast and enjoy hot eggs toast and coffee!

Godfrey,

I know what you mean. That's why I went down to breakfast on Queen Mary 2. But on Queen Elizabeth 2 - at least in the penthouse - there is no need to worry. It really is as good as it is in the restaurant.

Matthew

Godfrey,

I know what you mean. That's why I went down to breakfast on Queen Mary 2. But on Queen Elizabeth 2 - at least in the penthouse - there is no need to worry. It really is as good as it is in the restaurant.

Matthew

I want to put in a good word for QM2 room service breakfast. The hot things were hot and the cold things were cold. We ordered so much food it wouldn't fit on the table, but we ate nearly every bite.

Archived