Perfect Wedding in St. Thomas

luvjftffc

I am wondering if anyone has used them and if their service was great. On the website it says it is decorated venue. what kind of decorations is it? does it include chairs for people to sit? also does the transportaion include all the guests? how many guests did it cover for yourself? another thing....what about the catered lunch? was it any good and how many people did it include?

sorry for all the questions......

Chrissy

I am working with Leslie now. My wedding is in 10 days. She has been fabulous. We did the cruise ship package but modified it.

We are doing cake and champagne only - no luncheon. We're getting married near sunset at Secret Harbour. Chairs and transportation were included for 25 guests and we paid additional for our extra guests. We are using her based on recommendations from these boards.

I am wondering if anyone has used them and if their service was great. On the website it says it is decorated venue. what kind of decorations is it? does it include chairs for people to sit? also does the transportaion include all the guests? how many guests did it cover for yourself? another thing....what about the catered lunch? was it any good and how many people did it include?

sorry for all the questions......

Chrissy

We used Leslie with Perfect Weddings of St. Thomas for our wedding in June. Like fairbrot, our wedding was also at Secret Harbour. As for your questions, Leslie will accommodate whatever you want. Although she has several packages to choose from, she helped us customize a package so everything was what we wanted.

Our package included transportation for 25 guests to and from the ship, plus chairs for everyone, parasols to shade the sun, decorations, catered lunch, drinks, photographer, videographer, steel drum player, and much more. The lunch was excellent and was provided for all the guests. One of the best things is that we received all the pictures and the video included in the package price. We weren't just paying to have the photographer and videographer there and then have to buy the pictures and video in addition to what we paid for the wedding like I have seen so many others on this message board. The bottom line is you should just tell Leslie what you want and she will make it happen. We could not have been more pleased.

Cindy and Randy

How/Why did you decide to go with "The Perfect Wedding" as your coordinator? I have been going back and forth on weather to go through the ship (Carnival) or to get an island coordinator. I have heard that it is best to go through the ship because you get priority getting on and off the ship and incase the weather causes the ship to dock in a port on a different day.

What is your opinion on this? We just got engaged and are looking at a cruise the first week in April so I don't have much time.

How/Why did you decide to go with "The Perfect Wedding" as your coordinator? I have been going back and forth on weather to go through the ship (Carnival) or to get an island coordinator. I have heard that it is best to go through the ship because you get priority getting on and off the ship and incase the weather causes the ship to dock in a port on a different day.

What is your opinion on this? We just got engaged and are looking at a cruise the first week in April so I don't have much time.

We also received priority getting on and off the ship. All you have to do is go to the Purser's desk and let them know you're getting married. Carnival was very accommodating even though we weren't using their coordinators.

We looked extensively at Carnival's coordinators (TWE) but did not like their limited options for wedding locations. We wanted the flexibility to have our wedding where we wanted instead of settling for what was offered. The many horror stories on this board about bad experiences with TWE made our decision that much easier.

Our decision came down to being able to customize exactly what we wanted in the location we wanted. It was very important to us that everything be perfect and Leslie made sure that it happened.

I am booking cruise with RCCL because I am a Diamond member and been with them for 10 years. I'm sure if I let them know early that they can accommodate me and my guests. I chose St. Thomas because its a docked port and not tendered. Also, date is going to be in fall of 2009 because of my brothers schedule and hurricane season is over. I choose to not go through the ship because of the stories I have heard and would like to work close with my coordinator than hear about it within 2 weeks of sailing. Plus everything is so much more expensive and everything extra is a lot more. I also dont want to get married on the ship, but rather on the beach.

I'd be leery of them promising to have your wedding in a different port if you miss the port you decided on. Shipboard or on shore, your license will only be valid in the port you selected. You probably could have a 'symbolic' ceremony in a different port, but you won't be legally married if you have, let's say a marriage license to marry in the Virgin Islands and you get married in the Bahamas because you missed St. Thomas.

It was recommended to me by my private coordinator and several people on the Carnival board to just go to the desk and ask if you can get priority embarkment in your wedding port. The worst they can say is no. Even then, getting off the ship in a docked port isn't a cattle herd of people vs. tendering.

Honestly, it's just a matter of what is important to you. We chose to go with a private coordinator (we're getting married in Barbados though, not St. Thomas) because of the excellent service we received from her vs. TWE and the fact we got a lot more for the money. Priority embarkation wasn't a big issue to us, nor was having a symbolic ceremony in case of a missed port something we wanted. We're going for broke. Either we're legally married or we're not married at all! :D

Good luck whichever way you choose!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all!

Just back from my PERFECT wedding. We could not have asked for a more beautiful day. Leslie was amazing - literally everything was perfect. The decorations, the weather, the cake (unbelievably delicious), the ceremony - and of course my new hubby. We already received the photo CD from the photographer (arrived home on Sunday night and it was in the mail yesterday). Beautiful photos. I'll post some soon.

The timing with the sunset was just right. Beautiful background and then when it set it cooled down and everyone was very comfortable. I was even able to take the top tier of the cake onto the ship (Mariner of the Seas). We had a wonderful dinner at Chops Grille that night.

Comments from everyone was that it was the best wedding they have ever attended. The lady who did my hair and makeup in St. Thomas did a fantastic job and only charged $75.

Hi all!

Just back from my PERFECT wedding. We could not have asked for a more beautiful day. Leslie was amazing - literally everything was perfect. The decorations, the weather, the cake (unbelievably delicious), the ceremony - and of course my new hubby. We already received the photo CD from the photographer (arrived home on Sunday night and it was in the mail yesterday). Beautiful photos. I'll post some soon.

The timing with the sunset was just right. Beautiful background and then when it set it cooled down and everyone was very comfortable. I was even able to take the top tier of the cake onto the ship (Mariner of the Seas). We had a wonderful dinner at Chops Grille that night.

Comments from everyone was that it was the best wedding they have ever attended. The lady who did my hair and makeup in St. Thomas did a fantastic job and only charged $75.

Congratulations! I can't wait to see the pics.

Hi all!

Congratulations! I am so happy that everything was perfect. Leslie really is amazing. Can't wait to see the pictures!

Hi all!

I am so excited for you. I can't wait to see the pictures. Who did your hair?

Thanks to everyone who posted comments back to me. It really helped. We decided to go with Leslie also :)

Would those of you that used Perfect Weddings with Leslie being willing to send me some pics, so I can get an idea of the setup? Do you know where the luncheon/drinks in the package would take place if you choose a beach setting? Much Appreciated!!!

ufjamolei@yahoo.com

We used Leslie and Perfect Weddings and were absolutely thrilled with everything she did for us. We have a few of our pictures posted on Webshots. Here is a link to view them: http://community.webshots.com/album/559488694Qayjhs?start=0

Our wedding was at Secret Harbour beach and our reception and lunch were held in the beachside restaurant (The Blue Moon) at Secret Harbour Resort just steps away from where our wedding was held. Best of luck to you in planning your wedding!

Hi,

Sorry it took me so long. We've been SO busy since we returned. Here's a link to our pics from the photographer: http://scottanddonnaswedding.snapfish.com/snapfish

We did not do a reception. We only did cake and champagne and then when we got back on the ship we hosted dinner at one of the specialty restaurants.

We set it up so that everyone had the morning to do something, then we had the ceremony at 4:30 and returned at 6:30. Transporation to and from the ship was provided as part of the package. We did the cruise package with adaptations. I chose the circle of flowers and the conch shell aisle, with chairs for all the guests. I shipped the vases and sand for the sand ceremony and Leslie had that set up on a small table. We had the champagne and punch for the kids. Several guests went to the bar at Blue Moon. We chose the steel drum player for our music and it was beautiful.

The timing for the sunset was perfect. We had to be careful though because St. Thomas does not do daylight savings, so when we were there they were an hour ahead of the ship. It was a little confusing but everything worked out well.

It truly was a perfect day. Our photographer was great (and very patient with our large group). I could not have asked for a more beautiful ceremony and everyone commented that it was the best wedding they have ever been to.

Best wishes to all of you with upcoming weddings. I hope your day is as wonderful as mine.

Our phot

I am so excited for you. I can't wait to see the pictures. Who did your hair?

Thanks to everyone who posted comments back to me. It really helped. We decided to go with Leslie also :)

Leslie made the appt. at Just Cuts (next to the pier). The lady's name is CarylAnn. She's fantastic! She used to do hair and makeup for magazine shoots.

Hi,

Sorry it took me so long. We've been SO busy since we returned. Here's a link to our pics from the photographer: http://scottanddonnaswedding.snapfish.com/snapfish

We did not do a reception. We only did cake and champagne and then when we got back on the ship we hosted dinner at one of the specialty restaurants.

We set it up so that everyone had the morning to do something, then we had the ceremony at 4:30 and returned at 6:30. Transporation to and from the ship was provided as part of the package. We did the cruise package with adaptations. I chose the circle of flowers and the conch shell aisle, with chairs for all the guests. I shipped the vases and sand for the sand ceremony and Leslie had that set up on a small table. We had the champagne and punch for the kids. Several guests went to the bar at Blue Moon. We chose the steel drum player for our music and it was beautiful.

The timing for the sunset was perfect. We had to be careful though because St. Thomas does not do daylight savings, so when we were there they were an hour ahead of the ship. It was a little confusing but everything worked out well.

It truly was a perfect day. Our photographer was great (and very patient with our large group). I could not have asked for a more beautiful ceremony and everyone commented that it was the best wedding they have ever been to.

Best wishes to all of you with upcoming weddings. I hope your day is as wonderful as mine.

Our phot

Your pics are beautiful, thanks for posting! We are planning to get married around the same time as you, only next year and possibly in St. Thomas. Leslie has had so many people raving about her that I am sure we will end up going with her. I was so happy to see that you had the sun setting in your pics, I was afraid that wouldn't be a possibility with having to be back on the ship. When you say you got married at 430, was that ship time or St. Thomas time? What time does the sun set there this time of year? Could you also tell me which RC cruise you were on, I am still trying to find the perfect itinerary to plan it around.

Thanks so much!!!

Hi,

Our phot

Your pics are beautiful, thanks for posting! We are planning to get married around the same time as you, only next year and possibly in St. Thomas. Leslie has had so many people raving about her that I am sure we will end up going with her. I was so happy to see that you had the sun setting in your pics, I was afraid that wouldn't be a possibility with having to be back on the ship. When you say you got married at 430, was that ship time or St. Thomas time? What time does the sun set there this time of year? Could you also tell me which RC cruise you were on, I am still trying to find the perfect itinerary to plan it around.

Thanks so much!!!

Thank you!

4:30 St. Thomas time. The Virgin Islands do not recognize daylight savings, so you have to be careful. We sailed the eastern carribean 7 night on Mariner. The sun literally set while we were there and it was dark when we left. The ship sailed at 8:00pm (ship time). Leslie has the timing down so she will help you.

• 5 weeks later...
Hi,

Our phot

How did Royal Caribbean let you book the specialty restaurant? I have been emailing them for 2 weeks with no response. Was it just both of you or the whole group? Im trying to get a group book so we dont have to have a reception on the beach.

Hi,

Our phot

How did Royal Caribbean let you book the specialty restaurant? I have been emailing them for 2 weeks with no response. Was it just both of you or the whole group? Im trying to get a group book so we dont have to have a reception on the beach.

We were only able to do it because we had a group booking. My TA suggested it and she set it up with the RCCL groups dept. We used our cabin credits to pay for the dinner for everyone. She set the reservation for 8:00 ship time, but when I got on board and checked on everything, I found out they had booked it for 6:00. It turns out they only do reservations for 6 or 9. They were great in helping to make it all work out. We just postponed the original time and it worked out to give everyone more time to get ready and to feed kids under 13 who are not allowed.

Archived