booking onboard

mikesusan

If you don't have another planned out you can buy a Next Cruise Option for $100 deposit (only have to put it in one person's name) and it is non-refundable but does not expire. When you decide on a specific cruise you will then get On Board Credit based on the length of the cruise.3-5 days =50$, 6-8=$100 and 9+=$200. Just see the Loyalty Ambassador on board.

Sue L, I don't think OBC is based on length of cruise anymore. It is now based on how much the cruise costs. The OBC is not very inticing at all, unless you have gobs of money to throw around.

Rollie and Lynn

Rollie:

When did this change. I have recently (OCT 2007) purchased the Next Cruise and applied them to a future cruise, and received the OBC for the LENGHT of the Cruise, NOT the amount the cruise cost. Where did you get that info from?

Has anyone booked there next cruise onboard? How does it work if you dont know what cruise you want to book? how long is it good for ect. how do i get the most for the least :)

Check out this link... it's getting a little long 100+ posts but look for cruisenfever's last few entries for a good summary.

Sue L, I don't think OBC is based on length of cruise anymore. It is now based on how much the cruise costs. The OBC is not very inticing at all, unless you have gobs of money to throw around.

Rollie and Lynn

I have not heard of this, I have 3 Next cruise options and they are all based on the length of the cruise. If this really changed we would have heard about it on here. What is your source?

If you don't have another planned out you can buy a Next Cruise Option for $100 deposit (only have to put it in one person's name) and it is non-refundable but does not expire. When you decide on a specific cruise you will then get On Board Credit based on the length of the cruise.3-5 days =50$, 6-8=$100 and 9+=$200. Just see the Loyalty Ambassador on board.

I hate to be a spoil-sport, but it does expire after 3 years. "This booking is applicable up to three years from the booking date listed at the thop of this confirmation." That being said, we would hope that all of us can cruise again in less than three years!!

I hate to be a spoil-sport, but it does expire after 3 years. "This booking is applicable up to three years from the booking date listed at the thop of this confirmation."
According to an email received and posted on 10/26/07 by cruisenfever (linked above in petel's reply), the NextCruise option has no expiration date. I believe originally it had a 3 year expiration but that has now changed to no expiration.

I stand corrected. I thought since RCCL owns Celebrity that their on board booking programs would be the same. We'll be on board the Liberity in 3 weeks, and are thinking about a future cruise. Looks as if we'll be leaning toward RCCL. Thanks for the correction.

Rollie and Lynn

No expiration on Next Cruise. When I was on-board early on the paperwork was still saying that. The LA said no expiration.

According to an email received and posted on 10/26/07 by cruisenfever (linked above in petel's reply), the NextCruise option has no expiration date. I believe originally it had a 3 year expiration but that has now changed to no expiration.

Glad to hear that this has changed. Thanks for letting me know.

Archived