Prinsendam, Funchal Madeira

kura

Funchal was one of our most favorite ports. Coming into the harbor in the early hours and seeing the hillsides all lit up was magical. The villas/homes all adorned with poinsettias, bougenvilla, banana palms, etc were incredibly beautiful.

Don't miss the toboggan ride!

Happy Sails

We were in Funchal way back Mar 98, on the late great Royal Princess.

We took a "street sled", and it was a great, fun trip down the hill.

We'll be back, Mar 08, on Oceania's Regatta, and hope to repeat the "street sled".

nice shots of the prinsendam. madeira is beautiful and the people welcoming. i have an album of photos of madeira posted here:

http://family.webshots.com/album/557118658MUXYPQ

I haven't been to Funchal for many years (12 years if I remember correctly:eek: ) but your photos reminded me of how incredibly beautiful it is there and I think I need to go back - soon! Thanks for sharing your lovely photographs with us.

Valerie:)

Want to thank you for the webcam and for Zaandam_2 photos. Wow, Funchal is beautiful and as soon as DH gets home tonight, I'll be pointing out this thread. I'd love to see it in person! Perhaps I could say I'd like to explore my roots since my family is from SanMiguel! Thank you all. I'll be checking out the HAL site for upcoming cruises that may stop there. May I ask where you sailed from and what is the best time of the year to visit?

I haven't been to Funchal for many years (12 years if I remember correctly:eek: ) but your photos reminded me of how incredibly beautiful it is there and I think I need to go back - soon! Thanks for sharing your lovely photographs with us.

Valerie:)

you're welcome. my pleasure

Want to thank you for the webcam and for Zaandam_2 photos. Wow, Funchal is beautiful and as soon as DH gets home tonight, I'll be pointing out this thread. I'd love to see it in person! Perhaps I could say I'd like to explore my roots since my family is from SanMiguel! Thank you all. I'll be checking out the HAL site for upcoming cruises that may stop there. May I ask where you sailed from and what is the best time of the year to visit?

those photos were taken 11/10/2006. i sailed from civitavecchia on a 28 day b2b med and transatlantic cruise. funny thing was, i almost didn't get off the ship. i thought it was going to be just another island. i was so wrong. i'll go back there someday.

Archived