Is Anyone getting married in St. Thomas?

luvjftffc

Hey there! I cannot say enough about Leslie about Perfect Weddings of St. Thomas. She and her staff made my wedding day better than I could've planned myself. EVERYTHING was perfect! She made the planning really easy; always got back to me very quickly. Go check out the pics at www.fenixfoto.com, under the Nikki and Eric section. You see how amazing Leslie is! Good luck and have fun planning, you'll love getting married in St. Thomas. We did the cruise ship package, since we were only there for the day as well.

Hey there! I cannot say enough about Leslie about Perfect Weddings of St. Thomas. She and her staff made my wedding day better than I could've planned myself. EVERYTHING was perfect! She made the planning really easy; always got back to me very quickly. Go check out the pics at www.fenixfoto.com, under the Nikki and Eric section. You see how amazing Leslie is! Good luck and have fun planning, you'll love getting married in St. Thomas. We did the cruise ship package, since we were only there for the day as well.

Hi I'm getting married in June of 2008 with Simple Island weddings.

I have a question for you. What time to you get off the ship once you were in'

port.

Your pictures were so nice.

I am also using Leslie of Perfect Weddings of St. Thomas. I'm getting married next week (28th) at Secret Harbour just before sunset. She has been wonderful. Very quick to answer and it was all so easy. We modified the cruise ship package (also only there for the day) to do only cake and champagne and we're doing dinner on the ship that evening in Chops Grill. We have 43 sailing with us and all the transportation was included. We also have 5 that are meeting us in St. Thomas. Good luck! I can't belive I'm only a week away - we sail next Sunday.

Did you all book your weddings independently of the cruise ship? Carnival offers a package for St Thomas? Wonder how you found these companies and if you can work them together with the cruise line? Thanks.

If you see a name and company mentioned like Island Bliss Weddings, Perfect Weddings, etc... that is a private company/coordinator located on the island. If you see Royal Romance(Royal Caribbean uses TWE under the name Royal Romance)/The Wedding Experience (TWE), that is the service/coordinator provided by the cruise ship. Most people find the private companies through a lot of research and asking questions on boards like these.

Carnival does offer a package in St. Thomas but their weddings are done through TWE. Do some reading on this board about TWE and you can draw your own conclusions. ;)

You will not be able to get a private coordinator to work with the cruise line. The cruise lines won't allow it as it cuts into their business. You aren't even allowed to have a 'private' photographer (one you bring along yourself) when using the cruise ship's wedding packages. They're pretty picky like that. The only way to use a coordinator other than the ship's is to have an onshore wedding in one of the ports.

Most of the private coordinators are quite used to us brides who arrive via cruise ship and accomodate those needs admirably. On my coordinator's website (I'm getting married in Barbados though, not St. Thomas) there are packages specifically for 'cruiseship brides'.

HTH :)

I must be blind cuz I cant find the Nikki and Eric section....where is it on the webpage?

I am also using Leslie of Perfect Weddings of St. Thomas. I'm getting married next week (28th) at Secret Harbour just before sunset. She has been wonderful. Very quick to answer and it was all so easy. We modified the cruise ship package (also only there for the day) to do only cake and champagne and we're doing dinner on the ship that evening in Chops Grill. We have 43 sailing with us and all the transportation was included. We also have 5 that are meeting us in St. Thomas. Good luck! I can't belive I'm only a week away - we sail next Sunday.

Congrats on the wedding! What an exciting week for you. When you booked chops for dinner, did you have any problem getting the cruise to let you have that many people book without using RCCL for the wedding? I wwill also be on RCCL and that sounds like a much better idea then having a reception.

Congrats on the wedding! What an exciting week for you. When you booked chops for dinner, did you have any problem getting the cruise to let you have that many people book without using RCCL for the wedding? I wwill also be on RCCL and that sounds like a much better idea then having a reception.

It was actually my TA's idea. We are using our cabin credits to pay for it. It wasn't set up as part of the wedding per se (as far as RCCL is concerned). She was able to make the reservation in advance through our group booking. They had no problems with it at all. My only problem is that a smaller group of guests coming from England did not use my TA, so they are not on the reservation. I have to deal with that as soon as I get onboard Sunday. Same with our group dining reservation each night. I need to get them at a table with our group.

The link took me to the photographer's MySpace page on which I couldn't find it either.

It took me forever to figure it out also. Click on the link for "weddings", then I found a picture on the left side that had their names. The pics are great. I especially like the iguana with the beer. I'm having dreams about one leaping into my cake.

Just wondering if anyone can refer me to someone in St. Thomas for a wedding. We will be arriving via cruise ship and looking for ideas. Anything would be helpful.

Thanks again

Chrissy

We also used Leslie with Perfect Weddings of St. Thomas for our wedding this past June. It was absolutely perfect and Leslie took care of everything exactly the way we wanted.

• 2 years later...

Yeah, sorry. I took the photos the poster was referring to earlier. They are actually in a gallery at www.fenixfoto.com. Originally they were in a proofing gallery and the poster didn't provide a direct link. It was a wonderful wedding to be a part of and I was honored to be the couple's chosen photographer.

New destination wedding galleries are coming too as soon as I do the ones for clients that didn't initially order albums.

Archived