question about finding cabin assignment?

spivey

Hello,

I know this has been posted before, but I haven't been able to find it. Please help if you can. If I booked an ocean view guarantee cabin, isn't there a way to find out early what cabin you've been assigned? I can't remember how to do it. Thanks!!!!!!!!

Christie

In the really old days there were a couple of ways. Now, if you book thru Carnival just look at your resie. If not, as soon as you make you final payment you can track your docs online and find out when Carnival assigns it. Remember they can assign, reassign any time up to getting to the ports.

Best way today is to check your eDocs, and the long way would be to plug in every cabin starting with Oceanviews into the Gift section until your name came up. I wouldn't check until you are at least 41 days out.

Fred

Thanks, Fred. I went online and checked the eDocs and it just says TBA. I just don't have a good feeling about this. Guess I should have just paid a little more and reserved the cabin I wanted.

BTW - Fred, you and I sailed on the same cruise on the Valor to western Carribean. WHAT FUN!

Thanks, Fred. I went online and checked the eDocs and it just says TBA. I just don't have a good feeling about this. Guess I should have just paid a little more and reserved the cabin I wanted.

BTW - Fred, you and I sailed on the same cruise on the Valor to western Carribean. WHAT FUN!

We I did my B2B on the Inspiration they assigned the first sailing about six weeks out like Fred second. But, the second wasn't until I was on the ship for the first sailing.

Thats right Christie, that was one of the best cruises for me :D Tell Mike, I said hello.

Fred

We just received our cabin assignment last week for our January 5th sailing. I think we were at 54 days away from the cruise when they assigned it. I always went to "modify booking" once I was logged into our reservation on the Carnival site. That's how I found our cabin assignment. :)

We just received our cabin assignment last week for our January 5th sailing. I think we were at 54 days away from the cruise when they assigned it. I always went to "modify booking" once I was logged into our reservation on the Carnival site. That's how I found our cabin assignment. :)

Thanks, Karen!

I checked and it says TBA. Guess I'll just have to wait a bit. I'm getting soooo impatient!!!

I just don't have a good feeling about this.

Why don't you have a good feeling about it? You're still 73 days out (unless I'm doing bad math...which is entirely possible!), so give it another couple of weeks. I received my cabin assignment 54 days out for our sailing on Dec 24 on Carnival Spirit. I was checking our docs online every single day starting at 70 days, and voila...they appeared at 54 days and we received a 4-category upgrade. :)

Also, if you check in the morning time and you don't have your assignment, don't give up for that day. Be sure and check again in the evening. That's what happened to us. Wasn't there in the morning, but that evening it had been assigned! :D

Why don't you have a good feeling about it? You're still 73 days out (unless I'm doing bad math...which is entirely possible!), so give it another couple of weeks. I received my cabin assignment 54 days out for our sailing on Dec 24 on Carnival Spirit. I was checking our docs online every single day starting at 70 days, and voila...they appeared at 54 days and we received a 4-category upgrade. :)

Tara,

I'm not sure why I don't have a good feeling about it -- I guess it's just that we've always bought a specific cabin in the past. We weren't even going on this cruise until Carnival called and made us an offer we couldn't refuse. Our oldest started college this year and we felt like we shouldn't spend the money. The only way I could justify it was to go the cheapest route. I know it will be fun, I just don't want my dh to regret it! Thanks

Christie

Spivey, I've found that the closer to sailing that you get your cabin assignment, the more likely that you will get an upgrade!!

I tend to agree with this statement because still having a TBA means you are still being bumpped, lets hope its a suite.

Fred

So, I should be getting excited? I booked an IS guarantee for my 12/06 cruise in September and still no cabin assignment. I did the gift thing and it finally showed up when I keyed in U243. Woo hooo OV aft. But, I can't get too excited, cause that's a wheelchair accessible cabin. I'd sure give it up if someone needed it and I'll go back down to my 4A. But, if it's available, I'll sure take it.

Only 19 days left ... what's a girl to do?

Oh, BTW, the suites are all taken, that's why I'll have to go back down to my 4A =)

Or, maybe they have another cabin somewhere else. I can wait for my cabin assignment ... really, I can. And if I keep trying to convince myself, I can. LOL

and I was assigned R132...which seems to be the lowest and furthest back cabin on the ship?? (okay 4th from the back!) Is there anything good about this cabin?? (Quiet, out of the way...anything!) I'm sure I will have fun, but I think my cruise is sold out...so I don't think I have a hope of re-assignment. Next time I will ust pay extra for the cabin I want!!

:p

Archived