Early/late sitting

tiggis

We have just booked on the Queen Victoria Christmas cruise and asked for a late sitting for dinner in the Britannia Restaurant. But the confirmation says that we are waitlisted while the voyage personaliser simply states that we'll know our dining arrangements when we board. (I booked on-line.) We do not at all enjoy eating early, and I had rather assumed there would be a lot of families on this trip who might prefer the first sitting. Any advice on whether we are likely to be allocated the late sitting - or is this something we'll have to negotiate with the maitre d' as soon as we embark? Does it make a difference that we have asked for a table for 6? We'd take a smaller table, if necessary.

Apologies if this has been raised before - and of course I realise that no-one yet has direct experience of the QV.

John

or is this something we'll have to negotiate with the maitre d' as soon as we embark? Does it make a difference that we have asked for a table for 6? We'd take a smaller table, if necessary.

Apologies if this has been raised before - and of course I realise that no-one yet has direct experience of the QV.

John

Based on QM2 you are correct about the MD. It is always advisable to go the the dining room in the afternoon on embarkation day. Lets you see where your table is and also to change dining times or whatever. We have always found the dining room staff very helpful. Cruise lines seem to be doing this "wait list stuff" more now - they prefer to leave things as flexible as possible.

I am sure you will get the dining option you want.

David.

Archived