Men Only - What do you pack?

curiousx

I pack as light as my wife permits me to! Here is what I take, and wear on the trip to travel. I wear a sport coat and nice wash slacks to the departure port. I pack Tux with formal shirt etc--black shoes. I pack a nice blue blazer and 3 pair of dress slacks--slacks that also go with the sport coat i wear enroute. 3 shirts and ties. 3 fancy Tee shirts or sporty shirts that go with the sport coats(for casual dinner) I wear a sport coat to all but formal evenings( with tie or sport shirt). Dark brown dress shoes. I take 3 shorts and 4 casual Tee shirts, or sport shirts for day wear. No place in the Caribbean that requires fancy day time clothes. I take dock sider deck shoes and sandals. Blue, brown and black socks. 5 under shorts. I have laundry done the day following the first formal evening. They have overnight service and do a good job. Caribbean requires no sweaters or jackets for warmth. On over ten Seabourn cruises I have packed like this--I always come home with a couple things I don't wear, but I am comfortable with assortment. It even works for longer cruises--I will pack just like this on our 11 day Caribbean cruise late Feb. This will fit in a "reasonable" size suit case and a small carry on! Good luck and have a great cruise! Don

>"My standard reply to first time male cruisers is: Pack 1/2 of what your wife recommends. Jack"

Well, a good wife would recommend two bathing suits, so DH wouldn't have to get into soggy one. Ergo, following Jack's advice, there would still be one.

From Arizona with a pool in the back yard, and 8 months of swimming (not using a heater) and two Weimaraners who love to do cookie relays, I get plenty of swimming at home--I counted them, and I have 11 bathing suits. I have taken a suit(a pretty orange one) on several Seabourn cruises, and it never got wet--even wore shorts to the beach picnic. The Seabourn pools are just not situated for well for swimming! Jack-- our oldest Weimaraner's daddy was from Smokey City Kennel in Irwin. PA. Kind of a" Mill Hunky" type dog! As far as pajamas are concerned--can't tell you why I don't bring them--you know how romantic Seabourn cruises are, it might get censored! Don

Jane,

The last time I donned a bathing suit the Marine Wildlife Authorities were called. Walking shorts, yes...........running shorts, no. (I had to give up jogging as the activity was knocking the ice from my gin & tonic. Now when I get the urge to exercise I lie down until it passes.):D

Don,

I'm ten minutes from Irwin via the PA Turnpike. Jack

Archived