Sunset beach during holidays?

Taf

Hi

I have written twice to Sunset beach but have had no reply.

Does anyone know if their day passes for cruisers will be available over the Christmas holidays? We would love to go on 26th Dec, but don`t want to get there by taxi and find that we`ll be turned away & have to think of soemthing else to do quickly - I`m thinking the hotel will be at full capacity at this time and they won`t allow day passes. What do you think?

We went to Sunset Beach last year around New Years. I believe the price was $40 for adults. I was told prior to arrival by email from Sunset Staff that children under 18 years of age were $20. When we arrived, this price was not honoured. We ended up paying $40 for our 16 and 17 year old children. There were younger children in the group and they were allowed in for $20. It was not crowded (we made sure to arrive around 9:30 am). We basically lounged at the beach and swam in the pool. There was a really nice waterpark for the younger kids and that was included in the price. We did not eat much there. Lineups at the buffet restaurants were long and the food was nothing special. That was not the main purpose for going there anyway. The drinks were good. They offered a nice variety of cocktails and bar service was great. Sunset Beach is not a luxury resort. There are watersports available, but they weren't allowing any activities in the afternoon because of the rough conditions. All in all, we were happy with our choice to spend the day there.

Why not give them a call? They have a website and I'm pretty sure a toll free # on it. I can't remember the website, but you can either google sunset beach ocho rios or there is a thread on here somewhere with a link.

Good luck!

Hi

I have written twice to Sunset beach but have had no reply.

Does anyone know if their day passes for cruisers will be available over the Christmas holidays? We would love to go on 26th Dec, but don`t want to get there by taxi and find that we`ll be turned away & have to think of soemthing else to do quickly - I`m thinking the hotel will be at full capacity at this time and they won`t allow day passes. What do you think?

I also tried to call them and got no answer, but after several days, i did get an email explaining the day pass to me. If you want to shoot me an email i will foward the day pass info to you. i emailed the one by Ocho Rois

Update for anyone else wanting to go here over the holidays.

The resort has just replied to my email, giving me prices and details of all the lovely facilities - then saying that passes will not be available on the day I requested. :( Oh well, at least I know before I go. We will have to come up with something else to do that day. Thanks for everyones advice.

Update for anyone else wanting to go here over the holidays.

The resort has just replied to my email, giving me prices and details of all the lovely facilities - then saying that passes will not be available on the day I requested. :( Oh well, at least I know before I go. We will have to come up with something else to do that day. Thanks for everyones advice.

sorry to hear that. Thanks for the info though. We are looking at this spot for January.

Archived