Question about Captain’s Club and Crown and Anchor Society

TRadle

I’m in the process of booking the Millie for March 23rd and was wondering how Celebrity knows that I’m Platinum on Royal Caribbean. I’m also a Captain’s Club member but on a lower tier.

You have to give them your RC C&A number(s) when you book on X.

Call the Captains club or Crown and Anchor and let them know you are booking, and what your status is on each Club. They will make note and place you in the appropriate category. At least thats what they did for us:) .

Dave:eek:

• 1 month later...

I know this post is old, but I did a search for my question and found this post.

I gave my CC number (only been on one Celebrity cruise so far) to TA just a while ago when I put a stateroom on hold. I don't know if she had it applied to the booking or not. :( I did not know that I should have given her my C&A number along with the CC info We should have 8 RCCL credits - Platinum - but the RCCL C&A page has us listed at 7 credits, although it list each of our cruises with the correct credits next to the cruise. :rolleyes: Guess I need to call C&A and get that changed.

So, my question is... are there any perks on Celebrity for being Platinum + one Celebrity credit? We will be staying in a C Class stateroom, so priority embarkation and debarkation are already given. Does Celebrity issue coupon books like RCCL and give gifts?

You should actually call the captains club and have your membership updated to reflect the same cruise credit level as the highest club membership. This is only available at the over 5 cruise credit levels in either club.

Since you are Platinum with C&A, you should be select with Celebrity (with only 1 cruise credit with Captains club since each club keeps their own count).

Celebrity doesn't seem to have the amount of perks as does RCI. :(

When I booked the cruise on the Millie I only had 1 credit with Celebrity. The cruise line showed me as having Select status before I called them....I don't know how it happened.

Here's the page that I found while I was doing this recently, C&A FAQ, it includes a phone number to call and get your Captain's Club number. Due to the fact that I'm platinum, they made me equivalent CC Select. That said, since they're different programs, I will NOT get credit for the Celebrity cruise that I'm doing with C&A, when I get done with the first Celebrity cruise, I will only have one credit with the Captain's Club, but will still have Elite privileges (since I'll be Diamond C&A by then). Hope that helps a little, and is correct since I'm new to figuring out how the C&A v. CC interaction works.

Sorry, but CEL doesn't offer balcony discounts like RCI. However, you can get a one category upgrade due to your CC status, but that is limited to one level within the category. You can't book the highest category outside room and get upgraded to balcony, nor can you book highest inside and get lowest outside. You can book second highest outside and get upgraded to highest, but that's the only "upgrade" or "discount" that CC has. Coupon book is also no where near as good as RCI's book, but did have an "all you can stuff in the bag" laundry coupon for $15 on our recent cruise.

We are D+ on RCI, and before our CEL cruise we called Captains Club and were given CC numbers and an "Elite" status.

wraithe - Were you able to use your C&A Platinum status to get a discount on a balcony (or of any kind) on your Celebrity cruise?

No, what Celebrity does is allow you to do an "inside to inside" or "outside to outside" upgrade. In other words, if you book a 4th deck inside, you can request and get a 5th deck inside for the same price. You can't go inside to outside, and the program does not apply to balconies, suites, etc.

Sorry, but CEL doesn't offer balcony discounts like RCI. However, you can get a one category upgrade due to your CC status, but that is limited to one level within the category. You can't book the highest category outside room and get upgraded to balcony, nor can you book highest inside and get lowest outside. You can book second highest outside and get upgraded to highest, but that's the only "upgrade" or "discount" that CC has. Coupon book is also no where near as good as RCI's book, but did have an "all you can stuff in the bag" laundry coupon for $15 on our recent cruise.

We are D+ on RCI, and before our CEL cruise we called Captains Club and were given CC numbers and an "Elite" status.

Thanks! Somehow, I cannot see myself sending out my undies to a stranger for washing. :D

I looked up my CC membership and this is what it says, I don't understand because it seems from the wording, that I am both Select and Elite status.

Membership Level: Select

Welcome, Captain's Club members, to this section created exclusively for our most loyal guests. As an Elite Captain's Club member, you'll be able to access the latest news, special offers and promotions designed especially for you.

Herb,

Golly, you are everywhere. Where is your Celebrity cruise taking you to?

Patti

We're taking the Century to Key West and Georgetown, Grand Cayman, for a test run! Figured it was time to sail something beside Grandeur! LOL.

Later,

Herb

Archived