How is the food on the Sun?

Luckyone2

I cruised on the Sun last November, and was pleasantly surprised by the food. While others think Carnival is better, I haven't found that to be the case. There were very few things on Carnival that I enjoyed, but on the Sun, there were very few that I didn't. The burgers in the snack bar area are really good, as are the fish and chips. The waffles are out of this world, too.

Also enjoyed the dining room entrees, as well as the paid dining restaurants, particularly the steak house. The steak was delicious, and the Caesar salad and crabcakes were wonderful. I think you'll enjoy the food. Don't worry about that.

The only thing I didn't care for was the buffet, but you don't have to eat the buffet. To me, all buffets are sort of the same anyway, slightly bland, and filled with lots of foods I'm not that wild about. ;)

We were on the Sun last Sept and I know how you feel. I did the same thing and was a little worried, but once there I didn't see what people were talking about:rolleyes: We thought the food was good! We didn't go into the specialty restaurants but I was very happy with all their food. I really loved the rolls that are made out of preztel dough:D , I haven't found them any where else yet. I quess that's for the best because I've sailed 3 more times since then and my butt would surely sink the ship!:eek:

Happy cruising,

Pam

We were there the last week of October. (my review is here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=656347 )The food was good. Italian restaurant was ok (edible) but not anything to write home about), I preferred the french restaurant more. the Buffet....decent but for IMO I only ate there for a quick bite to eat, not a full meal(though thy had days where they had some really good stuff there...like the tilapia and artichoke hearts and lentil salad)

I liked the main dining room...especially for breakfast but it was also good for dinner too.

Even though we ate extremely well, I lost like 5lbs (I don't eat past full)

Oh and the chocolate buffet...its pretty but if you're really really REALLY into good chocolate, its probably not something you'll be into much.

There's so much food all over that ship, I honstly think you'll find something you like :D

-Q

Oh and the chocolate buffet...its pretty but if you're really really REALLY into good chocolate, its probably not something you'll be into much.

-Q

As a true chocoholic (Hi my name is cargoagent and I am a chocoholic :D )

I was able to find some very tasty items at the chocolate buffet when we sailed on the Pearl in Sept. Lindt or UK Cadbury's it ain't, but it satisfied the cravings sufficiently. Hopefully the Sun will have something comparable to the Pearl's buffet.

As a true chocoholic (Hi my name is cargoagent and I am a chocoholic :D )

I was able to find some very tasty items at the chocolate buffet when we sailed on the Pearl in Sept. Lindt or UK Cadbury's it ain't, but it satisfied the cravings sufficiently. Hopefully the Sun will have something comparable to the Pearl's buffet.

I've not been on the Pearl, the Sun was my first ship. I really like the ship and hope to sail on her again.

I'm talking more of the Cote D'Ore, Valhoma non milk range of chocolate. There was just no seriosly dark choclate to be found anywhere sadly.

Dont get me wrong, Lindt will do in a pinch as long as its the dark stuff...For me its not a big favorite because of the amount of wax they use on their bars :o (but if offered and I'm jonzin, I ain't gonna turn down nothing but my collar:D )

When I cruised through the chocolate buffet, I smelled sugar and fruit, no chocolate at all. I'm such a sucker for that chocolate smell, it adds to my experience. It sure was pretty though, they do get lots of points for that.

I did have a half of a strawberry per my recollection. Alls I can remember is that the strawberry was nice and juicy. I spit the so called chocolate on it out. (very waxy whatever it waspuke.gif )

-Q

I've not been on the Pearl, the Sun was my first ship. I really like the ship and hope to sail on her again.

I'm talking more of the Cote D'Ore, Valhoma non milk range of chocolate. There was just no seriosly dark choclate to be found anywhere sadly.

Dont get me wrong, Lindt will do in a pinch as long as its the dark stuff...For me its not a big favorite because of the amount of wax they use on their bars :o (but if offered and I'm jonzin, I ain't gonna turn down nothing but my collar:D )

When I cruised through the chocolate buffet, I smelled sugar and fruit, no chocolate at all. I'm such a sucker for that chocolate smell, it adds to my experience. It sure was pretty though, they do get lots of points for that.

I did have a half of a strawberry per my recollection. Alls I can remember is that the strawberry was nice and juicy. I spit the so called chocolate on it out. (very waxy whatever it waspuke.gif )

-Q

Ah a dark choc lover, alas my taste run to the milk variety. No doubt I have a genetic flaw as my mum loves the dark varieties as well. I do agree with your assessment of the wax covered strawberries. Yuck.

Archived