All Things Glory...

kinggartk

Sapphire Beach is beautiful. Unfortunately, because we did an extended island tour with Papa Bear of Air Force 1 (we were there on our Miracle cruise, not Glory), we didn't arrive in time to rent snorkel equipment. So we just got in the water for a little while, then I walked down to the bar for a beer.

View from the beach:

2011694650102755439S425x425Q85.jpg

As for free beverages, in the morning, there is water, orange juice, sometimes guava, not water for tea, hot chocolate, coffee, decaf; later there is water, ice tea, lemonade, fruit punch, coffee etc.

The picture looks awesome! I am soooo excited. Do all of you check Carnivals website daily to see if your price has dropped? I am suprised that the site hasn't banned me from it yet. We originally had a 6B cabin (oceanview) on the Main deck but yesterday I got greedy and upgraded to 8B (My first Balcony) on the Empress deck. I can hardly wait!

My wife and I are going on the Western iten. on Sept. 6. We also have a thread going on Roll Call. Any thoughts or criticisms for this cruise?

frednsb,

Our family just returned from the Western Itinerary last Saturday. We all (7 of us) enjoyed every single minute of it. It didn't matter that they switched the port days for Belize & Roatan, even with private excursions, they are well aware of the ship's schedule--even before we, on board, are!

Going in September I would guess that you'll have less children on board than we did. There were approximately 1,100 under the age of 18 on the 7/26-8/2 sailing! However, I never saw or heard any problems that you sometimes hear about with so many youngsters. Now, occasionally there were a few teens sitting in the stairswells as the week went on, especially later at night. But no problems on our end of the ship.

There is so much to chose from during your days at sea, not to mention while in port. A couple of times we stayed on board while most everyone else went ashore, it was very nice on deck and at the pools.

Although we didn't take in any of the shows, we enjoyed almost all of the muscians. The staff was excellent, the ship was clean and there was enough food on the ship for 3X the people that were there-and it was good (because I didn't have to prepare it!)

The gym was great, the spa services supurb- I think I snored during my facial:eek: how embarrassing- she and I will never see each other again!

I've got tons and tons of thoughts, absolutely fabulous memories, but no criticisms, sorry:)

Just go planning to relax and enjoy it all,

Marylou

I'm off to finish up our photo book on shutterfly now...

My wife and I are going on the Western iten. on Sept. 6. We also have a thread going on Roll Call. Any thoughts or criticisms for this cruise?

We are sailing on August 30th and returning Sept 8th. I would post how it was when we get back but you will be waiting on me to get off! lOL

We are sailing on August 30th and returning Sept 8th. I would post how it was when we get back but you will be waiting on me to get off! lOL

Hey Torri... perhaps we will get "lucky" and have our cruise extended a couple of days by a hurricane! :eek:

Do you two try the supper club on the Conquest - and I don't recall, were you planning on trying the Emerald Room on the Glory?

DINNER about this time.. only THREE WEEKS to go!

:D

Tom

From Raleigh it took us almost 10 hours, I have done it in 8 hours, but the weather wasn't on our side this time. We had heavy rain at times, and in the Palm Coast area of Florida, there was construction and an accident, so that slowed us down as well.

Even with the added time, it is such an easy drive. I drove through the city of Jacksonville on the way down, and took I-295 around Jacksonville on the way back, I-295 was easier, but longer, if you will be traveling during peak hours, I would suggest I-295.

have a safe trip

MAC

Don't take 295 it takes too long. Take 9A, only one light right now and saves time.

Hey Torri... perhaps we will get "lucky" and have our cruise extended a couple of days by a hurricane! :eek:

Do you two try the supper club on the Conquest - and I don't recall, were you planning on trying the Emerald Room on the Glory?

DINNER about this time.. only THREE WEEKS to go!

:D

Tom

I loved the supper club on the conquest! It was excellent. We have booked two nights for the Emerald supper club through the link on John Heralds Blog. I hope we get at least one of them.

We have booked two nights for the Emerald supper club through the link on John Heralds Blog. I hope we get at least one of them.

TRSGayle~

I don't know anything about John's link to book for the supper club, but Carnival's link did not work for us! I made reservations, about two weeks before our cruise, for our last night on the ship, everything seemed to go through online. On that Friday I called down to the supperclub because I couldn't remember if I made the reservation for 6 or 6:15 (while our children would be in the dining room)...they had no record of our reservation!

I was disappointed, but got over it quickly.

I just convinced myself that for some reason, it wasn't meant to be.

If it is possible to print something out to verify that you made reservations, I would recommend that.

Best wishes,

Marylou

TRSGayle~

I don't know anything about John's link to book for the supper club, but Carnival's link did not work for us! I made reservations, about two weeks before our cruise, for our last night on the ship, everything seemed to go through online. On that Friday I called down to the supperclub because I couldn't remember if I made the reservation for 6 or 6:15 (while our children would be in the dining room)...they had no record of our reservation!

I was disappointed, but got over it quickly.

I just convinced myself that for some reason, it wasn't meant to be.

If it is possible to print something out to verify that you made reservations, I would recommend that.

Best wishes,

Marylou

I guess if you use the website reservation you might need to check when you board? (I found the 'submit request' link on 'my documents' page of my upcoming cruise - but honestly there seems to be no way to actually submit a request - they simply advise you to make the reservation while onboard???)

In any case it is just as easy to make the reservation as you board the ship - there is usually a small table set up in the lobby where they take reservations. You will also get a 'reminder' card in your mailbox the day before!

We were the 1st group to board after the priority boarding folks, so there was next to no one on board. We were headed straight up to the Red Sail to eat - of course - and the handsome young man was outside the entrance, there on the Lido Deck, with the tray of yummy-looking raw steaks and giant lobster tail.

We talked about which night would be best, decided on Monday night (since we didn't want to go on a formal night). He had plenty of openings in his reservation book. The reservation reminder was in our mailbox either Sunday night or Monday morning (Cozumel port day).

It was fantastic, but I just think I'd prefer to spend that $60+ on shore excursions or, better yet, not spend it at all. Every $ I don't needlessly spend is another $ I can apply to my S&S bill or toward my next cruise deposit!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
after reading OP starting to rethink my cabin choice of 8308, I really dont want alot of noise above us on the Lido deck, never gave that a thought till I just read it on another review....anyone been n this cabin..?????

My 3 DS have aft balcony cabins..........

Not all of the cabins on deck 8 are under the pool area. They do have some rooms the lido as well. You can pick rooms under those rooms and be fine.

The picture looks awesome! I am soooo excited. Do all of you check Carnivals website daily to see if your price has dropped? I am suprised that the site hasn't banned me from it yet. We originally had a 6B cabin (oceanview) on the Main deck but yesterday I got greedy and upgraded to 8B (My first Balcony) on the Empress deck. I can hardly wait!

I check my cruise prices almost every day. I managed to get upgraded twice, once from 8A on Upper deck to 8C on Empress, then the next call I went from 8C on Empress to 8E on Lido. Maybe next time I can get a Suite?? I will keep trying!

No, I check twice daily! :eek: Really! And the price has changed sometimes from checking during the day to checking at night. My DH says it's now an addiction....I may need an Intervention! :p (In the form of a cruise!)

Anyway, no price drop for me, but I have gotten some friends of ours 3 price drops for their 10/9 cruise on Fascination. They now have $183 OBC!

When is Jan 3rd gonna get here?!?

DJ

Archived