Ladies Only---What do You Pack

LaPaloma

Let's see.....in a nut shell:

I UPS 4 to 6 cardboard box's to the hotel (where I'm staying before the voyage) the week before I board. Then I use Seabourn's Valet Service to pick up my 2 pieces of luggage (weighong 50 pds each) I board the ship with my small Seabourn carry on.

I usually pack everything I think I'll need......I always leave the kitchen sink and a white wedding bridal veil behind ~~~although on one Pride Crossing I was invited to be The Matron of Honor in a "Royal Bear's wedding" and I had to take my balcony door sheers right off the drapery rod in order to wear a proper longggg white bridal train! (Eric DeGray dressed as a 12 year old and was my "train bearer!":confused: )

I do plan ahead of time but usually take (basically) the same type clothing ~~~of course, plenty of party " clothing props!":D

Also, if I hear of someone's luggage not arriving, I will offer to share everything I have.

Herman Diaz use to refer to my Suite as: "Martita's Walmart warehouse!" Everyone is welcome to come and help themselves!;)

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Martita B.

Way too much, but I can use the same clothes for each cruise, so it keeps me from having to build an extra closet.Mix and match and Land's End knits that travel well and are fine in the Seabourn Laundry. I am good about shoes, however. Very few pairs. I also subscribe to the wearing and then tossing out of an item or two that needs to be sent to the rubbage bin.

Now if only I could be this rigorous with my own closets. There's just something about that madras shorts outfit I made in '70.....and yes, I know I will never wear it again.

But the best part is Anita Mann and the Seabourn Luggage Service.

I too take basics and 'ole "faithfuls" ~~~I travel with St John's knits (NO wrinkles) and cashmere (again, packable-no wrinkles) I wear mostly black in the evenings ~~ again St. John ~~~red, white and navy for daytime. I wear Seabourn Boutique clothing ~~(used to be blue & white, now it's black with the gold logo shield) I take 2 pairs evening heels and one pair of evening flats. Three evening bags.

As we dress casually for daytime I mix and match.

I also take 2 pairs of pajamas and 2 lounging caftans.

I love to pack, but detest UNpacking!

Have a fun Turkey week!

MB

as little as possible!!!

seriously, whilst we LOVE dressing up, the fact that our upcoming Carribean cruise on the Pride only has one formal night is disappointing and it hardly seems worth dragging the formal gear along. We are thinking of taking dinner a deux in our suite as its something we've not tried before and everyone seems to rave about it!

Roz

I know there's only one Formal Night on our cruise too in December but its great to dress up!! Good to bring out the "fancy" dresses for both men and women on other occasions other than New Year. Perhaps we should all ask for two formal nights instead of one!!! :rolleyes:

I am packing my bags for Dec 1 Pride two week cruise and agree with Anne aka Rapunzal we should ask for more than 1 formal night per week on the Caribbean cruises.

I love the Seabourn experience from the minute I set eyes on the ship in port:D and especially seeing my DH looking so handsome in his finery.

I always pack too much, but that never hurt anyone, well maybe the baggage handlers.

Maybe I will go pull some things out of the pile:mad: . Robbie

Well if you looked at my closet you'd wonder why I brought so many clothes....but that is because I love dressing up for dinner! I bring all my pretty dresses and have lots of fun wearing them. Since I'm on for two weeks this time, I brought two different formal gowns and then many nice dresses for the rest of the evenings. They are nice enough to invite me to hosted tables every night in the restaurant. So thoughtful!

Hey...they have the goat cheese souffle on the menu tonight along with turkey and cranberry sauce for us Americans.

Gobble!

Jane :)

Hi All,

On a Caribbean cruise, when the brochure listed two formal nights but only found one on the schedule when we arrived at the ship, a group of us got together and did our "formal" night anyway. Chef planned all the same treats as on formal night, the waiters did the "wallah" and it was fabulous!! All it takes is advanced planning and getting the word out to whoever you want to invite! The purser even sent out the invitations for us!

On another recent cruise, on the 'other' S line, an extended family from Germany had their own large table every night and dressed in the gowns and trotted out the jewels no matter what night it was. We all thought that was a fabulous idea. Who cares if no one else is playing your way - live it up! Besides the fact that you only live once, there really are no rules that says you CAN'T dress NICER than what they suggest...

Archived