I think the rates are heading up..and up...and up

3redheads

We're not traveling until August next year, but I do wonder if I should have booked last week.

Airfare rates are up and Amtrak is WAY UP! We love to take the train and get a room on the train. We were thinking of taking the train down and flying back. The room went up $140 each. Airfare is up $50 a person.

I know several of the discount airlines haven't opened their booking yet, but I just have a nasty feeling that rates are going to continue to go up and I wonder if they'll go down much.

I guess we all take a gamble and try to predict what will happen. I'm still holding out hope! I just didn't want to commit money for airfare right before Christmas. Sure does get expensive with 4 people flying :)

I do understand what ya mean, and how ya feel. We booked our air earlier this month for our June 08 cruise, and it's already gone up, down, up, and down again. I'm glad we went ahead and booked it, so far it has not dropped below what we paid for it.

In September, we booked our air for our Feb.08 cruise, and it's already gone up $120.00 pp. Glad we didn't wait to book that one. I remember last year, we booked in Sept for our Feb.07 cruise and paid right at $500pp, and a week before the flight, we looked it up out of curiosity and it had gone up to :eek: $1000.00 + pp:eek: However, that was the week sandwiched in between the Superbowl & President's Day week-end.

My SO is wanting to hold off on booking the air for his daughter & her family to make sure they are actually going to go, and I told him we need to go ahead and book it, while we can get seats next to ours for them, and before it goes up anymore. He doesn't want to spend the money and them not go, and I understand that, because it would just be a loss, the tickets are non-refundable.

In your case, (I take it you are sure everyone's definitely going) even though it's holiday season, I would go ahead and book now so it's not an even bigger expense down the road. You think it adds up quickly now, but as the fares go higher, it gets worse & worse for 4 people. Good luck in whatever you decide.:)

I do understand what ya mean, and how ya feel. We booked our air earlier this month for our June 08 cruise, and it's already gone up, down, up, and down again. I'm glad we went ahead and booked it, so far it has not dropped below what we paid for it.

In September, we booked our air for our Feb.08 cruise, and it's already gone up $120.00 pp. Glad we didn't wait to book that one. I remember last year, we booked in Sept for our Feb.07 cruise and paid right at $500pp, and a week before the flight, we looked it up out of curiosity and it had gone up to :eek: $1000.00 + pp:eek: However, that was the week sandwiched in between the Superbowl & President's Day week-end.

My SO is wanting to hold off on booking the air for his daughter & her family to make sure they are actually going to go, and I told him we need to go ahead and book it, while we can get seats next to ours for them, and before it goes up anymore. He doesn't want to spend the money and them not go, and I understand that, because it would just be a loss, the tickets are non-refundable.

In your case, (I take it you are sure everyone's definitely going) even though it's holiday season, I would go ahead and book now so it's not an even bigger expense down the road. You think it adds up quickly now, but as the fares go higher, it gets worse & worse for 4 people. Good luck in whatever you decide.:)

I know exactly how you feel, we are going to Rome (cruising NOS) in July. I watch everyday and and cannot decide what to do. Also we are a family of 4, and the air is more expensive than the cruise. I check 3 different airports, we are in maryland. Good luck,

Archived