Deliberatly join ship a day late, anyone done it?

FredS

We are on the Star Princess from Valparaiso to Seattle in April 2008. We will be going to Chile about a week early to visit friends in La Serena, Chile. It turns out that the Star leave Valparaiso on Friday and makes a port stop in LA SERENA (COQUIMBO), CHILE on Saturday.

Anyone have experience with not embarking the first day and then joining the ship a day later. (I wonder if we called Princess on Fri April 11, 2008 and told them we were delayed and would have to join up on Sat at the next port stop would work; if it can't be done some other way.)

Ask your travel agent regarding a "trip deviation" request. What you are suggesting I would think can be done as long as arranged in advance. We have gotten off a ship a day early on cruises in Europe, by planning ahead with the cruise line. See ships board crew in various ports, would think not a big deal as long as arranged ahead of time.

It was done in Aruba on the Panama Canal cruise. We met at least two couples that had boarded in Aruba on the previous cruise and were leaving in Aruba on our cruise. I don't see much difference in this and what you suggest except the name of the port.

It was done in Aruba on the Panama Canal cruise. We met at least two couples that had boarded in Aruba on the previous cruise and were leaving in Aruba on our cruise. I don't see much difference in this and what you suggest except the name of the port.

That sounds more like a cruise that might be marketed in different countries, where the embarkation/debarkation ports are different. Something along the idea of the Sea's itinerary this winter, where it's 14 days from Barbados or 14 days from Montego Bay, but those 2 ports are 7 days apart. So, people that board for 2 weeks in Barbados would see some people leave and new people get on halfway through the cruise. Something is in the back of my mind that Aruba was a turnaround port last year for some cruise, but I can't place it.

While somebody could arrange to get on board late (or may have missed a flight and had no choice but to get on late), I think it would be next to impossible to arrange to stay a few days of the next voyage

Archived