Booking a balcony?

Kudos2Fly

Whats the latest someone has booked a balcony and gotten a good balcony. Although, I don't want a obstructed balcony either. We may be going on the Legend with my parents. My parents may book early then we will.. I'm just wondering how long we can wait and get unobstructed balcony.

Whats the latest someone has booked a balcony and gotten a good balcony. Although, I don't want a obstructed balcony either. We may be going on the Legend with my parents. My parents may book early then we will.. I'm just wondering how long we can wait and get unobstructed balcony.

We booked a balcony on the Triumph 6 weeks before sailing and had plenty to chose from. I don't think that's going to help you though. All ships and sailings are different. We don't book guarantees since we want to specifically pick our cabins.

BL guarantee is for an 8A or above... you will not get below that..:rolleyes:

we probably will be sailing March or April of 2009. So the trip is a ways out anyways. I don't think we need to book 14 months out.. But as long as we can get an cat. 8a and above. I'm not "looking" for a crystal ball.. But I'm wondering when the latest people have booked and gotten an 8a room.

When is this Legend cruise? You look like you are no stranger to cruises.

Not sure what you want to hear?

we probably will be sailing March or April of 2009. So the trip is a ways out anyways. I don't think we need to book 14 months out.. But as long as we can get an cat. 8a and above. I'm not "looking" for a crystal ball.. But I'm wondering when the latest people have booked and gotten an 8a room.

I booked on the legend 10 days before sailing date. It all depends on supply and demand, time of season, price etc. Book it early for the best selection generally however if you can go short notice some fantastic prices can be had at times.

I personally would never book that far out. And after reading all the hoopla with the way they are treating their customers with the surcharge I think if I decide on another cruise. it will definitely be at the last minute;)

Thanks... Thats all I needed to know.. Although I don't think I'll wait to book as late as 10 days out.. But as long as we get an 8a balcony I'll be happy.. We are not sailing around any major holidays so I think we will be fine.

I wil only book balconies, I like to chill out in my cabin in peace and quiet....er as much as possible.

I booked my cruise after next already (Liberty), I am 9.5 months out for that one, but if I didn't I risked a higher cost because the price has gone up $70 in less than eight weeks! IU could wait for a sale, but how can I guarantee I get a 8C, 8D, or 8E cabin near the atrium if I book later. I booked a Cat 8D, so I am so close to the action on the Lido!!!!!

Heck I booked my balcany cabin 18 monthes ago!! So far they have changed the ship, itinerary, also lowered prices so the extra surcharge won't effect my cruise.m so who knows the price may get lowered again and I would benefit from it for booking early!!:D

Archived