Mini Suite Advantages???

burghputz

My wife and I are first time cruisers and I just got an offer today for an upsell on the Pearl from a G to and BA. When I called them back, I negotiated a AF (Mini Suite) for the same price. I think it was $350 total. :D

Now for the question : Does the Mini Suite get you any additional perks? The agent said some thing about a Concierge but I have read on here that is not exactly the case.

Any help would be most appreciated!:)

My wife and I are first time cruisers and I just got an offer today for an upsell on the Pearl from a G to and BA. When I called them back, I negotiated a AF (Mini Suite) for the same price. I think it was $350 total. :D

Now for the question : Does the Mini Suite get you any additional perks? The agent said some thing about a Concierge but I have read on here that is not exactly the case.

Any help would be most appreciated!:)

When we were on the Star we had AF mini-suite. It was nice had a bath tube which made the shower a little bigger. The room seemed a little bigger. Our sister in law had a balcony room. The rooms almost seemed the same. Theirs was a little smaller. Oh yea we got bathrobes.:D

But to tell you the truth, I don't think there was much difference. We never used the bathtub. It is all your preference.

John

The concierge thing is a little confusing. Many are posting here that that perk has gone away. Others post it is going away after the first of the year. We're in a mini suite this Sunday on the Pearl and so I called to check if we'll have concierge service and the gal I spoke to actually acknowledged that she didn't know so she put me on hold and checked with a supervisor and said that yes we would.

Honestly my opinion is that on the booking portion of NCL's website, the mini suite is classified as a suite category. I feel as though they have advertised the following ammenities/features for suite guests, unless it is marked with an asterisk, that discloses it may not be included, it should be provided. For them to advertise it and then take it away while still advertising it on their website, is to say the least false advertising. It states that suite guests receive:

• Priority embarkation
  • Concierge service
  • Bottled water
  • Up to 504 square feet of elegance
  • Separate sitting/dining area
  • Luxury bath
  • Private balcony*
  • Flat screen TV* with DVD player*
  • Mini-bar*
  • Coffee maker*
  • Perfect for families
  • Connecting staterooms available*
  • Sleeps up to four people*
  • * Not available on all ships or in all categories
  • Invitation to VIP cocktail party*
  • 24-hour room service with special suite menu
  • Full in-room breakfast menu
  • Hors d’oeuvres delivered twice during cruise
  • Fine linens, duvet and
    feather pillows
  • Plush bath robes and towels, luxurious bath amenities
  • Fresh flower arrangement and fresh fruit basket

* Not available in all categories.

• Priority disembarkation
  • * Not available on all ships.

The concierge thing is a little confusing. Many are posting here that that perk has gone away. Others post it is going away after the first of the year. We're in a mini suite this Sunday on the Pearl and so I called to check if we'll have concierge service and the gal I spoke to actually acknowledged that she didn't know so she put me on hold and checked with a supervisor and said that yes we would.

Honestly my opinion is that on the booking portion of NCL's website, the mini suite is classified as a suite category. I feel as though they have advertised the following ammenities/features for suite guests, unless it is marked with an asterisk, that discloses it may not be included, it should be provided. For them to advertise it and then take it away while still advertising it on their website, is to say the least false advertising. It states that suite guests receive:

• Priority embarkation
  • Concierge service
  • Bottled water
  • Luxury bath
  • Private balcony*
  • Mini-bar*
  • Coffee maker*
  • Perfect for families
  • Fine linens, duvet and
    feather pillows

Mr Leo. Thanks for the wojderful information. I think that after reading this that I made the right move and took the upsell. Even if we get just a few of those things, it will be worth it. Let us all know what you think of the Pearl. We are on it a few weeks later.

And one thing that I read on tone of these pages was that they have a chocoholics buffet at 10:30 PM on Wednesday that is not published to many places. I for one do not want to miss that!

Have a great time!

• Priority embarkation
  • Concierge service
  • Bottled water
  • Luxury bath
  • Private balcony*
  • Mini-bar*
  • Coffee maker*
  • Perfect for families
  • Fine linens, duvet and
    feather pillows

We sailed on the Pearl last March in an AF mini suite. While what is written above is true about suites...The mini suites are not included in that category. The only perks that we received were a fresh fruit bowl every day, bath robes, and a slighlty larger bathroom. The priority embarkarkation/debarkation were not included with the mini suite.

We also took a $300 upsell from a regular balcony cabin. I do not think that I would do that again. but it is worth a try, I'm sure you will love it no matter what!

We sailed on the Pearl last March in an AF mini suite. While what is written above is true about suites...The mini suites are not included in that category. The only perks that we received were a fresh fruit bowl every day, bath robes, and a slighlty larger bathroom. The priority embarkarkation/debarkation were not included with the mini suite.

We also took a $300 upsell from a regular balcony cabin. I do not think that I would do that again. but it is worth a try, I'm sure you will love it no matter what!

You're correct, the mini-suites don't get the suite perks. The sitting area is a little larger and has a curtain to separate it from the sleeping area. Other lines refer to it as a "deluxe" balcony cabin. Mini-suite is a bit confusing.

DaveJohn and KKelle, that is my point exactly. Go to NCL's website, and attempt to price out a cruise for a mini-suite on any of their ships. It lists four different categories Inside, Oceanview, Balcony and Suites. The mini-suite is listed as a Suite, not a Balcony cabin.

That is why I said "Honestly my opinion is that on the booking portion of NCL's website, the mini suite is classified as a suite category. I feel as though they have advertised the following ammenities/features for suite guests, unless it is marked with an asterisk, that discloses it may not be included, it should be provided. "

If they want to continue to sell this room as a suite then they should be providing the ammenities they are advertising to be in a suite or advertise truthfully and move this cabin into the Balcony category.

To do otherwise is deceptive. If indeed they are not providing the ammenities listed below that are not excluded by an asterisk then someone needs to hold them accountable.

DaveJohn and KKelle, that is my point exactly. If they want to continue to sell this room as a suite then they should be providing the ammenities they are advertising to be in a suite or advertise truthfully and move this cabin into the Balcony category.

To do otherwise is deceptive. If indeed they are not providing the ammenities listed below that are not excluded by an asterisk then someone needs to hold them accountable.

The switch has already been made in many of their "printed" brochures. I imagine the website will soon catch up.

In any event, it is still a wonderful room. Sit back, relax and enjoy it!

Archived