World Trip From Jaffa

Brian Twomey

Hi to all you cruise addicts.

This message is from Brian & Kaye the parents of Jaffa who arranged this trip for us and posted it on C-C about 6 months ago. The trip he is sending us on starts next Monday 26th Nov. For C-C members who did not read it. Here is some of the Itenerary. We depart Sydney Australia for Singapore staying 2 days and continue to Paris for 2 days and on to Frankfurt for 1 day then on to New York for 2 days and going to see the Avenue Q on Broadway, then on to San Jose overnight and taken to Caldera to Board the Seabourn Legend for a 28 day cruise through the Pannama and the caribbean disembarking at Fort Lauderdale on the 2nd Jan 2008. We are looking forward to meeting all on board this cruise including the people we have allready contacted. To the people concerned about clothing on there cruise consider us (this is our first trip outside of Assieland) as to what we have to take and we still have 6 more days before we are home. As promissed we will post reports on our trip when we can and hope to follow up with some Pic's on our return home.

This is a great Web site Happy travel to all.

Brian & Kaye.

:rolleyes:

Well Brian and Kaye I remember your son planning this trip for you....and I also suggested he adopt me as a Granny and a chaperone....but he decided not to do this! :confused: You will have a wonderful trip, and after your mad dash through Asia, Europe and New York, will be able to relax and be pampered on board the Legend. If you happen to be talking to Preston the Cruise Director, just mention fellow Aussies Lorraine and John....he might start twitching! :eek:

I do hope you will be able to post in here during your trip and let us all know how it is going. We will also be in Fort Lauderdale on January 2nd....but we don't board the Pride until the 5th.

Have a great trip!

From two more Aussies looking forward to their first Seabourn adventure:

Have a wonderful time Brian and Kaye.

It will be great if you can share some of your travel experiences on this board.

Cheers,

Steve (and Chris)

Brian and Kaye:

Like Marja and Rene we will be waving to you from the muster stations on Dec. 19 - just 4 weeks from today. We look forward to hearing about your whirlwind tour of the world! Then we can all celebrate happy holidays on the Legend!

See you soon,

Margo and Tom

Hi Brian and Kaye.,

I hate to tell you this, but there is a strike in NYC (stagehands) and over 25 shows are 'dark' as they call it (lights out). 'Avenue Q' is one of them. I don't know if there is a resource for getting money back and there are Off-Broadway plays being shown. There is still a lot to do in New York, but perhaps forewarned is better.

>"...there is a Broadway Stagehands Union Strike wrecking complete and utter musical chaos on Broadway.

"More than two-dozen Broadway shows are going dark Saturday, as stagehands went on strike. For the past three months, stagehands have been in contract negotiations with producers; the two sides have been at odds over work rules and staffing requirements. The strike will affect 25 shows, including such tourist favorites as Legally Blonde, Hairspray, Jersey Boys, and The Color Purple. Off Broadway shows are unaffected, and eight shows will go on as normal because those theaters, some of them nonprofits, have separate contracts with stagehands.

Source: E!

Stay up to date on your favorite Broadway shows with NY1.com

Here are the shows currently shut down because of the Broadway Strike: ...Avenue Q"

Mum and Dads ground services in NY have left their broadway show reservations

as is.

However, if for some reason Avenue Q is unavailable due to the strike they have seats on standby at Phantom of The opera and one other show if things don't improve.

They gaurentee they see will see a show.

Thanks for your feed back.

Mum and Dad are packing today as they fly out tomorrow to Singapore for there first leg.

The are both very excited and are over the moon.

So the adventure Begins!

This will be their first experience with the world, leaving Australia, A cruise, An international flight and 5 star hotels.

Thanks everyone will keep you all posted

That's good. I usually make my own theater arrangements in London, and figured I would like a heads up if there was a strike. The powers that be are starting talking again, so perhaps it will be a non-issue. And yes, there are lots of options still open to them.

You forgot to mention the number of continents your parents will be in on their journey. It's so exciting. I hope we get some trip reports. Most of us live vicariously through others' travels as well.

Bon Voyage, Brian and Kaye!

>"Mum and Dad's ground services in NY have left their broadway show reservations as is."

Good thing, looks as if the strike has been settled, if provisionary. But no one wants to lose the holiday business, that's for sure. I know they will have a wonderful time.

Archived