How big is the Jewel compared to the Dawn

Mysteryfan

I have been on NCL Dawn and loved it. I am thinking of booking the Jewel for Canadian cruise in October, but how much bigger is the Jewel from the Dawn?? I know the Galleria on the Dawn was basically one shop but on the Jewel is this the same or is there more available.???

You will find the Jewel to be very similar to the Dawn. The Galleria is almost exactly the same. There will be a few more amenities since everything improves from the previous when you see how the original works.

To me the best improvement from the Dawn is the Great Outdoors off the buffet. I missed that area from the Jewel when we were on the Dawn.

PE

They are basically "sister ships" with the same tonnage. Jewel carries a few more passengers because they eliminated Dawn's soaring atrium just above deck 8 and added more cabins there. Jewel has two large outdoor pools, Dawn has one and an indoor lap pool. Jewel has the courtyard villas and Dawn has a cinema. If you liked the Dawn, you should like the Jewel, Pearl, Gem & Jade.

They are basically "sister ships" with the same tonnage. Jewel carries a few more passengers because they eliminated Dawn's soaring atrium just above deck 8 and added more cabins there. Jewel has two large outdoor pools, Dawn has one and an indoor lap pool. Jewel has the courtyard villas and Dawn has a cinema. If you liked the Dawn, you should like the Jewel, Pearl, Gem & Jade.

You forgot the Star which is the Dawn's true sister! :D

These two ships are not sister ships but are similar. The Dawn is 91,000 tons and holds about 100 less passengers, part of the Dawn class of ships. The Jewel is 93,000 tons same length, and is part of the newer Jewel class of ships. It is 3 years newer then the Dawn but both are great ships!:cool:

Archived