Shipboard family games ?

WinnieinWA

Has anyone who traveled with family played shipboard games such as having a scavenger hunt with your family?

I am taking my family of 6 adults ages 29-40 to Alaska on the Sun in August and aside from the games provided onboard such as Quest I thought it would be fun to have more games such as that to play. Does anyone have any ideas for games for us to play within our family? We are all kids at heart and it doesn't take too much to make us laugh and have a good time.

I'd sure appreciate hearing if anyone has any suggestions.

Thanks so much!!

We always take card games that can easily be packed and not take up much room. Can remember what all we have, but some are Phase 10, Uno, Skipbo, Five Crowns (one of our favorites) and Duo (another favorite). I like to add a new game or two for each cruise.

You might want to explore a "Challenge of the Day" that involves interacting with fellow passengers. Everybody throws a set amount of money into the pot. First person to complete the challenge gets 20 points, second person 10, third person 5. Then tabulate all at the end of the week ... winner gets the pot. Challenges can include identifying a set of twins, a couple having an anniversary that exceeds 25 years, someone with a birthday in the second week of Febuary, etc.

Archived