Need packing list fro Alaska

lilkrz

I don't have a list, the wifester packs, but what I do know, is that when I open the suitcase, I have clothes, she always packs clothes, more clothes than I could ever wear, warm clothes, cold clothes, inbetween clothes, clothes I've never seen!

I don't have a list, the wifester packs, but what I do know, is that when I open the suitcase, I have clothes, she always packs clothes, more clothes than I could ever wear, warm clothes, cold clothes, inbetween clothes, clothes I've never seen!
Sorry for my response to this question in red crayon. I wanted to use a pencil but they won't let me have anything sharp or pointed here. It is a nice place but they won't let me out of my room after dark. Newt always makes sense. LISTEN TO WHAT HE SAYS!!! I always pay attention to what he recommends.

Les

You will probably get responses that makes sense. Sweaters, sweatshirts, rain suits, binoculars and layered clothing are the key. Excuse the response from 'Les.' Somehow, he got his hands free from the lacings when no one was watching.

Shirley

When we were on the Summit, last year I took all the things..........Sweaters, sweatshirst, rain wear, gloves, scarfs, hats, etc. Weather wound up over 90 in most places and need more shorts and t-shirts. You never know what to pack for Alaska.

But, you will proably need 1 sweater, and a jacket, preferably rainproof (do not worry about an umbrella, as Celebrity leaves one in the room for you to use), a pair of socks, at least one pair of kakkai type pants (not jeans, as if they get wet, they become to heavy and will not dry) a pair of gloves and a hat. You may or maynot want to pack a sweatshirt (a lost of people on our cruise bought ones either on the cruiseship or in one of the ports.

I would start to look at the ports of call on cruisecritic and think of what excursions your group might be interested in. We did our own and were extremely happy with the people we used. you can e-mail me for that info if you want, just put Alaska cruise in the subject line. I am on aol with the same name.

Just remember to dress in layers. As it gets warmer, you take off a layer. Gloves are a must. I found a poncho for rainy days, just great We have been on four Alaska cruises, May, June, August and Sept. We loved the May Cruise, it was the best, even though it was a little cooler, the glaciers were all fresh with new snow and looked great. It is cool any time you go, and then on the same cruise it could be in the 90's like the previous poster said. You just pack a little of everything.

OK, it was a smxrtxss reply last time. This one is serious. DW and I are scheduled on the Summit northbound Alaskan cruise on June 17, 2005. Here is what I have found out about Alaskan cruises.

Hats, gloves, and raingear are musts for Alaska. Binoculars are great. A powerful set for use on the ship and a compact set for shore excursions if you are into the wildlife. Since you are with a group, perhaps some people could take good ones and others take compact binoculars and then share.

Layered clothing, from tees and shorts to long sleeves, sweatshirts, workout suits, etc. and twice as much film as you think you should take. I have a great old 35mm SLR camera with telephoto and wide-angle lenses that I plan to reacquaint myself with before this cruise.

Les

Archived