Walk through security with alcohol?

SPARKY12

We bring one (liter) bottle wrapped in bubble wrap in a wheeled carry-on. I wrap it more to keep it from breaking than to 'hide' it. We've NEVER (in 10+cruises on many lines) had anyone say anything..I think if you are 'old' like us and don't bring mass quantities..no one really cares. And before I get flamed from the alcohol police...We also buy drinks on board..at the shows and sometimes with dinner. We just drink a special type of rum that we can't get on the ship (or in the US for that matter) and like to have a little before bed or some in a coke in the afternoon on our balcony..part of the cruise experience for us. We also bring two 2 liters of Diet Coke w/lime..(also not available onboard).

We put a small water bottle of rum and a plastic bottle un-opened of vodka both in my toiletries bag. We left both right out in the open on our

dresser in the room without a problem.

We did pretty much the same thing..had a drink on our balcony occasionally and maybe a sip before dinner or before bed.

I would suggest bringing something to mix with if you can, even if its a just a little bit. The fruit juice, ice tea and lemonade was a little much for my wife as a mix for an entire week.

I know people who buys at the first port. They buy several bottles then arrange them where some are not all visble to the naked eye. Yes they are seen when checking in thru the Xray machine. You just go over and give them the bottles that are in view and take the others to your room to enjoy.

They also sneak some on board on embarkment day but buy more for later.

I think it is pretty smart.

Just got back today and had no problems bringing anything on. This was out of San Diego. We packed a couple bottles in our checked luggage from home, kept it right on the counter and not a word! Then at each port we bought a six pack of beer and tequila at one of them. Just had it in our beach bag, not disguised, in the original containers ~ went through the x-ray and on into cabin :D

What's the best way to get some rum on board while checking in? I don't check any luggage so I can't put it there. Hide in carry on or put in water or wine bottle in a bag? Has anyone done this successfully?

I must say I'm impressed. I'd like to know how to pack a weeks worth of clothing for a cruise in a carry on.:D

Bill

Go to this site www.rumrunnerflasks.com

order the cruise kit.

comes with a pirate hat and a moustache for disguise, walk with a limp. No one will pay any attention to you (grin)

ROTFLMAO!!

Of course, I had already ordered from the above site, and once my hubby saw what I had done, he ordered himself a few too. I had not thought about the wonderful disquise, but I'll definitely smile when I think about it. :)

Yes..we've always heard NCL is more strict about the alcohol..but we've not had a problem bringing it on NCL in the past as described in my post above....at least not yet! Getting ready to go on the Dawn in a couple weeks..will find out soon enough!:)

On our last cruise I stuffed a bottle down the front of my pants. Since it was a glass bottle, NO detection, no problems:)

SAD part is I didnt even drink it..LOL

This is funny because we didn't drink very much of what we brought either. Brought most of it back home!

The only ship I ever had a problem with bringing a small amount of alcohol on with me was NCL Dawn. Their enforcement is much to aggressive. I never encounter a problem with other ships. Carnivals Legend did not care when I discreetly brought a small bottle of Korbels with me. Disney Magic allowed us in port to carry on 12 packs of coors light. The only time I was hassled was when I packed a small bottle of Andre sparkling wine (cheap stuff) in my shoe bag on the Dawn. I was treated like I smuggled drugs in or something illegal. I did not expect it because I was never hassled before. Your better off carrying it on in small amounts and hide it on yourself or avoid NCL.

Carnival Legend

Disney Magic

NCL Dawn

We purchased a rolling collapseable (softside) cooler at Sam's club. apprx. 16" x16" square cube with one of those luggage type extendable handles...It has a heavy plastic liner so it doesnt leak. We put a 12 pk of diet coke, 12 pk of water bottles (six water bottles filled with rum or vodka). We put it right on the security belt at check in, they scanned it and handed it right back to us....it worked great!! In the room I left it in the shower (just in case) and the room steward put fresh ice in it every day (I gave her a extra $20) On the trip home we use it for our souvenirs and check it as luggage (it wont pass as a carry on, if they measure it)

We do buy drinks on board, but I also enjoy a rum and coke on the balcony before dinner while DW gets ready.

Archived