NY to Canada

karen116

Hi - we are trying to decide on a cruise for the summer of 08 and are looking at the cruises out of NY. We did the Miracle in August and are thinking of the 5 day cruise to Canada for next August......would like the good the bad and the ugly about the five day cruises. Thanks for your input.

Hi - we are trying to decide on a cruise for the summer of 08 and are looking at the cruises out of NY. We did the Miracle in August and are thinking of the 5 day cruise to Canada for next August......would like the good the bad and the ugly about the five day cruises. Thanks for your input.

We did the 7 day to Canada last month and had a wonderful time (Sept 29 - Oct 6th)...however, for some unexplainable reason, the 4 and 5 day Victory cruises from New York do not receive the best reviews.

As long as you remember that it will be "different" from a Caribbean cruise. The weather can be foggy and rainy. (which I think affects the moods of both crew and passengers)

We found the Canadian ports interesting. It reminded us some of our trip to Alaska...since we did not have "beach days" in the ports.

Of all the cruises we have been on, some have been better than others...but we have never been on a bad one. Just read the reviews and decide if it is worth the bucks!!

We're booked on our fourth Canada cruise on Victory next summer; we've done both the 5-day and 4-day cruises. We've also done the 8-day Caribbean cruise out of New York (then on Legend). The Caribbean itinerary is very relaxing; we enjoyed the 2 1/2 sea days down and back. You won't have that with the Canada itinerary, since you have one sea day, two port days, and another sea day. You also won't have events like the midnight deck parties. The weather tends to be iffy, as LHP said; we were fortunate enough to have wonderful weather for both sailaway and our first sea day this past August, and the Lido deck was well used. If the weather's lousy, they'll close the magrodome over the aft pool, so there's still swimming available (although the pools are cold!) We've also been very happy with the on-board activities.

We've experienced all types of weather in port - for Halifax, the first year it was 80 degrees and sunny, the second year it was in the 60s and sunny, and last year it was foggy and in the 60s. Both times we've been to Saint John it's been cool and rainy. However, there's lots to do in port, especially in Halifax. We've already decided on a return trip to Keith's Brewery for August. I've posted two reviews of our Victory sailings on the "member reviews" section.

I think this cruise is great for a "getaway" vacation, and we love the Victory. Just be prepared for a very different cruise experience from a Caribbean cruise.

karen

hi remember me from the aug. 15th cruise...i am thinking of doing the victory in june with some girlfriends...we went back on the CTN in Oct on the miracle and had a blast, but some of the girls want a few extra days. They had never been on a cruise and are now hooked. I too am trying to figure out what to do, so if you get any good info. pass it along..hope you are ok

lesley

We miss you on the thread.

We did the 4 day out of NY in July.

Having read this board (and living in New England) we were prepared for cool weather with lots of fog and this trip didn't let us down! :rolleyes::p

We also planned for this to be a low key, no eating in the dining room, just relaxing vacation and it delivered!

Check out my pictures to see how foggy it gets. There is even a video on page 4 where you can hear the fog horn.

Thank you everyone for your responses.........Lesley yes i remember you on the thread. My life got hectic and i just never got back on here. I haven't posted in months! We had a great time on the Miracle in August - even with the port changes. I loved grand turk and half moon cay and so did my family. I hope all is well with you and your crew -

Karen

karen

yes, we loved those 2 places also, by the time we got to bahammas, we were so beached out that we went over to paradise island and just walked around. The kids really had a blast. My crew is ok, my life well just let me say, my mom passed away unexpectadly last month, so it has been quite a shock to me. I am trying to go on, but right now its too fresh...so, if ever i need a vacation, it is now, just wish i could findt the time. so, i know this isnt the thread to chat about it, but just wanted you to know...happy holidays to you and your crew, let me know if your going to book the canada trip and when, who knows, maybe ill convince the girls that i am planning on going with to go when you are...

lesley

Archived