Diving St. Thomas w/mixed group

dizkid

We have a group of six that would like to scuba dive in St. Thomas. I am the only one in the group that has their AOW. Of the remaining, one has done a resort 2 tank dive, 1 has done a discover scuba class, 2 have never dived and 1 just wants to snorkel (she has a medical problem that would prevent her from diving).

So, what are the chances of getting a dive up for such a mixed group?

Has anyone else dealt with such a mixed group?

Any suggestions?

Who should I book with that would be able to handle such a diverse group?

txs

Paul

Duluth, MN

Your nondivers would limit you to just a noncertifying discover scuba experience. I'm no fan of sending folks down without adequate training. That said, why not stick to snorkeling with the mixed group?

We have a group of six that would like to scuba dive in St. Thomas. I am the only one in the group that has their AOW. Of the remaining, one has done a resort 2 tank dive, 1 has done a discover scuba class, 2 have never dived and 1 just wants to snorkel (she has a medical problem that would prevent her from diving).

So, what are the chances of getting a dive up for such a mixed group?

Has anyone else dealt with such a mixed group?

Any suggestions?

Who should I book with that would be able to handle such a diverse group?

txs

Paul

Duluth, MN

There are many dive centers out there that cater to your wide variety of needs. I know that when we have this sort of group, we use dive sites that satisfy all and we have extra crew on board so everyone gets taken care of.

It's not unusual and we see it everyday. Do your homework, get on the Internet and start emailing and calling. You'll find someone!

Enjoy your cruise!

In St Thomas, recommend Coki Divers, http://www.cokidive.com/ The snorkeling from the beach is rather good, they do a discovery dive from the beach as well. Last spring we did the discovery dive with them and then spent the rest of the day on the beach and snorking. Their web site also offers dives for certified divers. They were very easy folks to work with.

I'd also suggest Coki Beach. I went for boat diving with the Coki Beach Dive Club. The owner Pete was quite good.

My BIL did discovery scuba off the beach and enjoyed it. My wife and 3 others did snorkel from the beach. They also said the snorkeling was quite good (and we have dived/snorkeld in many different places). After your dive/snorkel, you can still enjoy the beach.

Archived