Be Safe, Mr. Barbados!!

Flintstone

Mr. Barbados actually LIVES in Oregon!!!! He is from Barbados and goes back as often as possible. (Hope he's not there for a visit now! :eek: )

We'll be thinking of him and wishing his family, friends, and beautiful island well in the days ahead!!!

"Barbados - The Man", please keep in touch! OCruisers :o (worried)

Broby Barb .... Did you, your loved ones, and family make it through Ivan all right? :confused:

Embarrassed ! :o Gosh, think all of us tend to forget that you actually live in Barbados ... and have been a great help with many of our questions. :o

Best wishes to you and yours in you "clean-up" efforts after Ivan! Please continue to keep us informed on what's going on in Barbados!

Ø NO MORE HURRICANES Ø OCruisers :o

Flintstone, Pholter, Ocruisers, Mii and BrodyBarb, my deepest thanks for your warmth and concern.

As Samuel Clemens said: “The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated”. :)

Fortunately, we have been in the UK for a few weeks, just about the time Ivan was headed through. I’m told the island pulled-through well, except for the loss of a lady who drowned searching for her poor cat.

Our ‘extended family’ has advised the house is still standing with just the loss of a few trees and a fence. My heart greives for our brothers and sisters on the other islands who were less fortunate. The dues for living in paradise can sometime be quite high……

Our interests are in real property. Especially beach-front property, and I can tell you that we are just about ready to retire. It’s not that the market is soft, it’s that we are so saddened by the misfortunine experienced by our friends on the other islands, it is simply heartbreaking to negoiate.

Well, I’ve told you more than you really wanted to know, and I apologize.

Thanks again to all of you for your concern. I sincerely hope you all get to see the beauty of Barbados at Her best.

I know that you thoughtful folks of this fine board have, and are, giving hope and prayers for the others in the Caribbean and the poor folks in (and around) Florida.

It’s been a bad summer and one that we’d like to forget…..

….But never will.

God Bless.

Archived