English Gentlebear's Outfitters

Bluey on QE2

he defintely burped up (delicately of course as befits a Cunard devotee) orange cat fur. I personally witnessed the march to the dish, cat firmly in jaws and his little Sir Martin tag properly attached around his neck.

Proof, if proof were needed as I'm still getting on your nerves by posting, that it wasn't the fragrant moi; I am strawberry blond. And I lost my tag a while ago in York; Malcolm, aka Doppelganger, must have found it. A lesson to you all that theft does not pay.

Cheerio, Sir M

No I'm not - that thing has more than used up its nine lives already:D It is dead and eaten. End of cat:)

D'you know, I sort of miss the little feller. He was cute, in a Satanic, George Doubleya sort of way. Should we do anything to remember him - a Memorial Cruise, perhaps, to Martinique, naturally, or name a church after him (Sir Martins-in-the-Fields, perhaps).

It is rather important that no one speaks to any ectoplasmic manifestations of Sir Martin from beyond the grave. This will only lengthen the poor lost soul's restless wanderings.

D'you know, I sort of miss the little feller. He was cute, in a Satanic, George Doubleya sort of way

To be fair to the cat (and I hate doing that, but now that it's dead and gone I feel that I should be:) ) describing it as satanic does apply but nothing could be as bad, from sheer stupidity, as GWB (am I allowed to say that here?:p )

Should we do anything to remember him

Wait a second. [pauses for two seconds] That's enough. Now we can forget all about it:)

This will only lengthen the poor lost soul's restless wanderings.

I would have thought from the cats perspective that its "restless wanderings" should be lengthened as much as possible to delay it from an eternity in hell! On second thoughts lets ignore it and send it there all the quicker:D

I am starting to think that this thread have veered off topic! It is not a discussion about felines - overweight, orange or deceased but is to advise our closest furry friends what they should be wearing on formal nights.

Pip is certainly against the idea of being made to wear a twee bow tie although he will probably follow Bluey's lead if he does appear in public on a formal night.

Mine think that having a little wear is a good thing (a lot is even better). It shows just how much love they've received:)

It would be nice if it applied to humans too, and accounted for my wrinkles.:)

Socrates, being much loved and therefore in places somewhat bare, (though a lioncub, not a bear) feels best prepared to meet the world in his QE2 jacket. He thinks he might get a QM2 one one day. I think that would be unnecessarily extravagant. Jane

It would be nice if it applied to humans too, and accounted for my wrinkles.:)

Socrates, being much loved and therefore in places somewhat bare, (though a lioncub, not a bear) feels best prepared to meet the world in his QE2 jacket. He thinks he might get a QM2 one one day. I think that would be unnecessarily extravagant. Jane

Just stick to the bear necessities

Those simple bear necessities

Don't worry 'bout the cat cos it is dead.

I mean those bear necessities

Will get into festivities

And lure a bear momma into his bed.

And serve him a cocktail

Something with gin

Untie his bow-tie

It's rarely a sin

And when he gets a little girl bear

To take him a little somewhere

And when he's had the time of his life

P'raps he'll make her his little wife

But only if....she likes his BARE necessitires of life.

Who is going to be the first to name their companion bear Mohammed?

David

David,

It would be the second bear, of course.

I for one am absolutely appalled by the savage nature of Sharia - both recently highlighted in Saudi and Sudan.

I'm even more appalled, if this is possible, that Bush refused to condemn the situation in Saudi Arabia.

See Happyscot's posts today for further information.

Matthew

PS I should add that Bluey is an atheist.

To be fair to the cat (and I hate doing that, but now that it's dead and gone I feel that I should be:) ) describing it as satanic does apply but nothing could be as bad, from sheer stupidity, as GWB (am I allowed to say that here?:p )

Why, Malcolm.

That's terrible. What have you got against the George Washington Bridge? Have you ever been on it?

Sure, it's expensive.

I'd hate to think what you think of the Brooklyn Bridge!

Karie

[That's terrible. What have you got against the George Washington Bridge? Have you ever been on it?

Sure, it's expensive.

I'd hate to think what you think of the Brooklyn Bridge!]

I believe that my friend Sir M has already negotiated deals with Dubai on both the Brooklyn and George Washington Bridges.:D

HRHugeness

[That's terrible. What have you got against the George Washington Bridge? Have you ever been on it?

Sure, it's expensive.

I'd hate to think what you think of the Brooklyn Bridge!]

I believe that my friend Sir M has already negotiated deals with Dubai on both the Brooklyn and George Washington Bridges.:D

HRHugeness

Well, we could always move them out to Lake Havasu Arizona, where the London Bridge resides!

Karie

Archived