Southampton Queen Victoria Festival

EMSOMICH

Should anyone want information regarding the Victorian Festival in Southampton to celebrate ythe arrival of the Queen Victoria go to www.southampton.gov.uk/whatson

There is only limited disabled parking at Mayflower Park and people are asked to use city centre car parks such as West Quay shopping centre.

Maureen

• 2 weeks later...

Just in case anyone is heading down to Southampton to see Queen Victoria arrive on Friday, Cunard have published approximate times for viewing places along the way!

QUEEN VICTORIA COMES HOME

Queen Victoria, Cunard’s new ocean liner, will arrive in Southampton for the first time on Friday 7 December and berth at the City Cruise Terminal at 0930 hours.

Members of the public will be able to view the ship as she makes her way up Southampton Water from the following vantage points at the following times:

Ryde and Gosport 0725 hours

Lee on Solent 0735 hours

Cowes 0750 hours

Calshot 0805 hours

Hamble 0815 hours

Royal Victoria Country Park & Weston Shore 0825 hours

Hythe 0835 hours

Mayflower Park 0915 hours

City Cruise Terminal 0930 hours

Carol Marlow, Cunard’s President and Managing Director, says:

“Queen Victoria is a spectacular addition to a spectacular fleet, and we would love as many people as possible to take the opportunity to come out and share with us the excitement of welcoming Southampton’s newest resident”.

Queen Victoria will be named in the afternoon of Monday 10 December by Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cornwall in the presence of His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales. This will be viewable by members of the public on large screens built in Mayflower Park from 1530 hours until 1630 hours.

She will depart on her Maiden Voyage, to a splendid firework display, at 1700 hours, on Tuesday 11 December. Again, Queen Victoria’s departure and fireworks will be best viewed from Mayflower Park.

See you all on board!!! :D :D

Regards

Karen

Sorry, had to paste the whole thing cos the URL wouldn't paste!!

Thanks Karen!

Any webcams from which we might catch the action?

M-L

Hi NomDePlume!

Just found some city webcams on the BBC south website!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/hampshire/content/articles/2006/03/07/shipspotting_feature.shtml

There's also a New York Harbour webcam on this site when you click on "other webcams".

I see that Cunard have a QV webcam, but as someone (Lankylad I think) pointed out, it just goes to QM2! Maybe they'll get it ready for when she sails up Southampton Water on Friday! ;)

Regards

Karen

Karen, are there any of your local TV channels that will be broadcasting? Although I don't have Sky, I can get BBC1 South, BBC1 West and BBC1 South West.

Could you have a look in your newspaper please, and for next Tuesday's sailing if you would.

Thanks

Pete

Pete,

There has been nothing said about any broadcast on South To-day but I expect there will be something. Anyone can watch it online. I think you have to go to BBC Hampshire /South to-day. Don't know about ITV.

Maureen

Pete,

There has been nothing said about any broadcast on South To-day but I expect there will be something. Anyone can watch it online. I think you have to go to BBC Hampshire /South to-day. Don't know about ITV.

Maureen

Thanks Maureen

Pete

From past experience, I would guess South today will cover both the arrival on Friday and the departure next week. The cruise business is so important to the economy of Southampton that South Today gives the ships a lot of coverage. So fingers crossed.:) Jane

From past experience, I would guess South today will cover both the arrival on Friday and the departure next week. The cruise business is so important to the economy of Southampton that South Today gives the ships a lot of coverage. So fingers crossed.:) Jane

So from East Anglia, is South TV better than South West to pick the action up then?

Pete

Archived